What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Sattie, I just love The Green Mile! It makes me cry every time...

I haven't seen Fast Food Nation but recently watched Super Size Me. It is sometimes hard work, but I'm a happy vegetarian!

Yea, the Green Mile gets me too.. I was just a blubbering mess!!!

Fast Food Nation is different than Supersize Me... at the end I think it gets more to the point of the mass production/reality of it all. Kinda hard to take if you ask me.

Texasgirl... Green Mile is a keeper for sure, I watch it any opportunity that I get to. I also have issues with the CGG... but in Bridge to Terrabithia, it did not seem to me it was over used as it is in some movies. So I was able to enjoy it.

O Brother Where Art Thou is another excellent Coen Brothers flick.

I could not agree more, another favorite that I can watch over and over!!! Dapper Dan!

Last night I watched 'Leaving Las Vegas'. Boy was that a dark film. However it was very good, despite the depressing content. I took something from 2 people in horrible situations finding a degree of comfort and togetherness from each other despite their predicaments.

We watched "I am Legend" over the weekend. I'm a sucker for sci-fi:rolleyes:
(plus Will Smith is a really good actor).

Last night I watched 'Leaving Las Vegas'. Boy was that a dark film. However it was very good, despite the depressing content. I took something from 2 people in horrible situations finding a degree of comfort and togetherness from each other despite their predicaments.

Yea, it's a good one as well... definately does not leave you all warm and fuzzy at the end!

Barbara L... I don't think I have met a person yet that does not like the Green Mile. Such an uplifting and heart breaking story all at the same time.

... I don't think I have met a person yet that does not like the Green Mile. Such an uplifting and heart breaking story all at the same time.
Definitely! A lot of people are surprised to find out that The Green Mile (and Shawshank Redemption--another good prison movie) was from a book by Stephen King. He is so known for horror stories. But when you think about it, both those movies have their own kinds of horrors.

:)Barbara

I am Legend is on my list! Can't wait to see it.

Las night we watched Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

I Am Legend was written by Richard Matheson in 1954 and is a good book. It was first put on film in 1964 as Last Man on Earth, and then remade in 1971 as The Omega Man.

I couldn't decide if I was watching a movie or a cartoon. I typically love these kinds of movies, but Troy and Gladiator it ain't. It's just a bit over the top.... One viewing was enough for this movie.

I couldn't decide if I was watching a movie or a cartoon. I typically love these kinds of movies, but Troy and Gladiator it ain't. It's just a bit over the top.... One viewing was enough for this movie.

I am with you, it could have been a spectacular movie. Hollywood needs to stop centering many of their movies around the special effects and go back to centering around the plot. I love special effects, but only when used to help tell the story, not take it over.

I am with you, it could have been a spectacular movie. Hollywood needs to stop centering many of their movies around the special effects and go back to centering around the plot. I love special effects, but only when used to help tell the story, not take it over.

I wonder if you all don't realize that the actions in the film "300" actually happened. This is a true account of that battle, certainly not a cartoon. Hollywood may have taken a couple of liberties to make the story more interesting, but it is right on target.

i watched 'dune" again the other night.

i forgot how artsy certain parts were. good movie, though.

Watched "Pearl Harbor" this morning. Every now and again I fill up the DVD player and let 'er rip..... with MY movies not the kids!
I love that one.... my 8 year old has gotten into it too, loves WW2 stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom