What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a scary movie junkie, I love them all! Even the B movies that go straight to video!! 28 Weeks Later was just ok, imo. I thought the first one, 28 Days Later was better.

I Am Legend was another recent movie with crazy zombies we watched. I'm a huge George Romero fan, can't wait to see his new movie, Diary Of The Dead.

I'm a scary movie junkie, I love them all! Even the B movies that go straight to video!! 28 Weeks Later was just ok, imo. I thought the first one, 28 Days Later was better.

I Am Legend was another recent movie with crazy zombies we watched. I'm a huge George Romero fan, can't wait to see his new movie, Diary Of The Dead.
Oh man, my sons love George Romero, too. A couple of years ago, a quirky theater in Austin had an all night showing of all the "Dead" movies at an abandoned farm in the middle of nowhere. You had to bring your own camp chair/sleeping bag. The best part was that George Romero was there (for part of it) and answered questions, signed autographs and posed for pics. Those pics with George and very highly prized in my house!

(That same theater had a showing of The Goonies in a cave outside Austin with Corey Feldman in attendance. I went to that one!)

FishersMom, that is SO cool! I would love to do something like that! Talk about scary!!

Mudbug, we are watching the same movie tonight! (I love George Clooney)

I watched The Illusionist this afternoon and then we watched In the Shadow of the Moon, a documentary about the first landing on the moon. We have Elizabeth: The Golden Age to watch later or the Life of Brian (which we just got on dvd after all these years).

Oh man, my sons love George Romero, too. A couple of years ago, a quirky theater in Austin had an all night showing of all the "Dead" movies at an abandoned farm in the middle of nowhere. You had to bring your own camp chair/sleeping bag. The best part was that George Romero was there (for part of it) and answered questions, signed autographs and posed for pics. Those pics with George and very highly prized in my house!

(That same theater had a showing of The Goonies in a cave outside Austin with Corey Feldman in attendance. I went to that one!)

Y'all are singing my tune here! I agree 28 weeks later was not nearly as good as 28 days later, although the whole thing with his wife was very wrenching the rest just seemed to lack the same depth of characters as the first.
I would have given anything to be there to meet George!!! And I loved how they put the two main characters from Shawn of the Dead into Land of the Dead for a cameo as zombies... cool stuff!

We had the same reaction, couldn't help but get angry at the way some of those soldiers acted...

i was raised on stories of the evil black and tan. my dad was raised in ireland, right near the border around the same time as the movie portrayed. he still calls it the occupied counties.

hatred is a terrible thing to pass on to a new generation, but sometimes you have to know about the injustices suffered by those that came before you to know who you are and where you're going. and why.

Y'all are singing my tune here! I agree 28 weeks later was not nearly as good as 28 days later, although the whole thing with his wife was very wrenching the rest just seemed to lack the same depth of characters as the first.
I would have given anything to be there to meet George!!! And I loved how they put the two main characters from Shawn of the Dead into Land of the Dead for a cameo as zombies... cool stuff!
Here's 2 of my sons with George Romero at the Night of the Dead movies.

Attachments

• GEORGE&BOYS.JPG
    GEORGE&BOYS.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 151
:) In the middle of Braveheart for the umpteenth time, still to me one of the best movies ever made.
That is one of my favorites! When it first came out in the theaters I saw it 3 times in one week (I ended up taking others to see it).

I finally saw "The Holiday" tonight. Loved it!

:)Barbara

Love the picture of your boys with George!!! SO cool!

Mav, Shaun of the Dead is one of our favorites! We love those boys!! Hot Fuzz was good too...but Shaun was better!

Just watched The Virgin Suicides for the first time and loved it. A very interesting portrait of the "tourture" of being a teenager. Sad, though.

-Karen

Back
Top Bottom