What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marvel Movies

I dont know about anyone else out there but all of the Marvel comics movies never follow the true origin(s) when the movie(s) were made:angry: This is the reason why I dont go to these movies, I wasnt impressed by the last transformers movie although I liked the animated one that was produced under a different movie company:mrgreen:

We saw Eastern Promises last night. Tightly written, gripping and well acted, we quite enjoyed it. Many years ago I tried to teach myself some Russian, and I was amused to find out how much I still remembered, though that was not to say I understood much of the dialogue...

I usually look away from the screen when a grisly scene of graphic violence comes on, but I couldn't help but looking quite attentively as completely naked Viggo Mortensen flew all about at the fight scene in the bath house...:rolleyes:

Saw the new Indiana Jones movie last night. Great fun; I enjoyed every minute of it. It does a nice job of continuing previous story lines and has all the extras you would expect: creepy crawly things, chases, perilous rides, magic. Loved it.

I have never seen space balls all the way through. i was to young when it came out so i dont remember it being funny.

I dont know about anyone else out there but all of the Marvel comics movies never follow the true origin(s) when the movie(s) were made:angry: This is the reason why I dont go to these movies, I wasnt impressed by the last transformers movie although I liked the animated one that was produced under a different movie company:mrgreen:

Are Transformers a Marvel comic?
I was under the impression they were solely created and owned by Hasbro.

Are Transformers a Marvel comic?
I was under the impression they were solely created and owned by Hasbro.

Thanks, Suzi :wacko:. I just spent 15 minutes searching this because I was sure you were right but had to check it out. Yes, Hasbro invented the original Transformers, but as often happens in Hollywood, the latest movie "updated the look" of the transformers and added new characters so the company had to scramble to get the new toys out in time for the movie.

Well at least I gave you something to do this morning!

We are Transformer experts in this house, we got the 4 yr old the DVD with the bonus DVD showing how they made the movie, the toys, everything. The boys like to watch that almost as much as the movie! It doesn't help that thier Dad and my brother were part of the 1st generation of Transformer geek.... oops I mean freak. :)

The latest movie I watched was Prince Caspian of the Chronicles of Narnia. It was great! Next I hope to watch Speed Racer because I loved the cartoon version as a kid (am I dating my age?):ohmy: and I thought he was soooooooooooooooooooo cute. :LOL:

Last movie we watched was one of DW's Netflix picks, called 'Red'. It is a French film I believe with English subtitles and is part of a trilogy of 'morals' films (Blue, White and Red).
In this one, a guy is still in love with his estranged wife, and while calling her one day trying to reconcile she plays nasty and 'lets' him hear her with her new guy (you get the drift). For revenge, he lures her to Paris under pretenses that he has died and left her his entire estate. She finds him alive in a motel, has one last 'night' with him and discovers she is still in love with him and decides she wants to get back together, then he 'disappears' and while she is going to collect the money the police arrest her for his murder. Turns out he framed her for it.
The movie ends with him visiting her prison and watching her in her cell from the courtyard, twisted movie to say the least.

Last night we watched The Forbidden Kingdom with Jet Li and Jackie Chan. It was an easy watch, the fights were good but it could have been better.

I heard that iron man was very close to true.... haven't seen it yet and i'm not sure i want to try the new hulk movie after the last disaster....

Last night was Fools Gold with hottie Matthew McConaughey and super sexy Kate Hudson. It was a fun no-brainer and gave me some giggles!

Ironman

I, for one, promote anyone who wants to go see IRONMAN. I had not been to theatre more than 10-15 years, this impressed me. Almost as much as the first Star Wars! And that was my favorite. Everyone I know tells me it was a 'blockbuster'. I didn't want to leave my seat afraid I would miss something. No rewind button. I would like to see again.

I, for one, promote anyone who wants to go see IRONMAN. I had not been to theatre more than 10-15 years, this impressed me. Almost as much as the first Star Wars! And that was my favorite. Everyone I know tells me it was a 'blockbuster'. I didn't want to leave my seat afraid I would miss something. No rewind button. I would like to see again.

my son saw it...it's gonna have wait for dvd for me though.....funds are tight at the moment and i can think of a better way to spend $50

Back
Top Bottom