What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
before we saw "Taken" we saw a preview of "State of Play" (Russell Crowe, Ben Affleck). Movie was shot around the D.C. area. looks like a good political thriller. I think that one is on our list.

"Taken" with Liam Neeson. About a guy (ex-CIA or other spook-like operative) whose daughter is abducted by white slave bad guys. Lots of car chases and explosions and stuff, which Handy Husband (HH) liked.

Terrible acting, but was very entertaining to watch.
Yes, lots of action.........and oh, you left out all the killings. :-p

I saw "Monster" Charlize Theron's portrayal of the serial killer Aieen Wournos......OMG......I didn't recognize her but what a great movie and I think that she won an academy award for it......what a wasted life for Ms. Wournos who was finally executed a few years later

My boyfriend talked me into seeing Taken which I was timid about since I like happy movies. He really enjoyed it, but it just freaked me out. I asked him how he would feel if he was in my position as a young female...

My boyfriend talked me into seeing Taken which I was timid about since I like happy movies. He really enjoyed it, but it just freaked me out. I asked him how he would feel if he was in my position as a young female...

It's a guy film. I completely understand your position...although I've spoken to several females who really enjoyed the film.

I love chick flicks. I just got done watching Nights In Rodanthe with Richard gere and Diane Lane on the dish network. This romance film made me cry.

"Fireproof." We loved it! We cried, we laughed, we watched wide-eyed during the rescue scenes, we cried some more. James and my best friend Christi agreed with me that every married couple (and every future married couple) should see it.

:)Barbara

We watched two movies over the weekend:

Bottleshock - pretty good, so made me want to to Napa (and Paris again!)

Young @ Heart - great documentary about a senior citizens choral group - they sang rock songs by the Clash, Ramones, Talking Heads, Sonic Youth. It was a very cute little film, I enjoyed it.

holocaust (spelling) took three nights, first two each three hours, the last an hour and a half. followed a jewish family from first stirring of war and through it. well done, meryle streep and james woods among others. best of the type i have see.

holocaust (spelling) took three nights, first two each three hours, the last an hour and a half. followed a jewish family from first stirring of war and through it. well done, meryle streep and james woods among others. best of the type i have see.

I saw that one, too, Babe...............first time I saw James Woods' acting skills.......he was so good.........and I cried.........

you watched a better one than I did............I watched Pretty Baby with Brooke Shields........ok.......I'll admit it.......in certain scenarios.......I'm a prude.......my goodness.......how did her mother justify this movie role??? I would be aghast at my daughter (prenubile) accepting a role like this one just to further her career along..........she could not have been more than 13 or 14 years old and was playing a prostitute who still had childlike qualities.........I just watched in unbelievable wonder.........certainly there is going to be some form or texture to this movie and I guess that I'm dumb as I never saw it.........it was sad and pathetic........ok, enough ranting........I just keep thinking of allowing my daughter to play a role like this one and I can't.............

I saw that when it was originally on TV and loved it. It is very moving. We bought the DVD set a few months ago but haven't had a chance to see it. James hasn't seen it yet, and I think everyone should.

:)Barbara

Confessions of a Shopaholic was really fun to watch with my daughter. The one that really made an impact was The Secret Life of Bees that's on DVD now.

Back
Top Bottom