What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just saw National Treasure 2: Secrets of the Book. It actually wasn't too bad, now I'm going to have to go find National Treasure 1 to watch that one.
i saw both in the theater and i own both movies and have many many times!! good movies.

Yup - based on the Pearl Buck novel. Really terrific film. Since today is Paul Muni's birthday, Turner Classic Movies has been having an all-day festival of his films starting since 6 this morning. What great stuff. I LOVE Turner Classic Movies. If we got rid of every other satellite channel, we'd still keep this one. Have it on nearly 24/7. Can't wait till next month - they have a terrific lineup of classic horror films in celebration of Halloween!

Yup - based on the Pearl Buck novel. Really terrific film. Since today is Paul Muni's birthday, Turner Classic Movies has been having an all-day festival of his films starting since 6 this morning. What great stuff. I LOVE Turner Classic Movies. If we got rid of every other satellite channel, we'd still keep this one. Have it on nearly 24/7. Can't wait till next month - they have a terrific lineup of classic horror films in celebration of Halloween!
we always watch tmc in october. we own all the original classic universal monster movies and a complete collection of abbott and costello movies, meet the mummy and meet frankenstein are my favs. but jackyll and hyde, invisible man and killer boris karloff are also favs.

So we're definitely kindred spirits - lol!!!

Hubby is a HUGE audio/videophile. Has a dedicated "listening room" with over 2,000 CD's in his library. And our DVD collection is well over 1,000 as well. Between those & our book collections, our house is pretty much just a library - lol!! Love classic horror & have nearly all (if not all) the Universal, Hammer, William Castle, Columbia flicks on DVD. You name it & I probably have it - lol!! So between our collection & whatever TCM will be showing next month, we're all set for Halloween. Oh - & I also collect Halloween memorabilia. Have more Halloween stuff than I do for Xmas. Everything from new pieces down to antique collectibles.

We really do need a MUCH bigger house.

So we're definitely kindred spirits - lol!!!

Hubby is a HUGE audio/videophile. Has a dedicated "listening room" with over 2,000 CD's in his library. And our DVD collection is well over 1,000 as well. Between those & our book collections, our house is pretty much just a library - lol!! Love classic horror & have nearly all (if not all) the Universal, Hammer, William Castle, Columbia flicks on DVD. You name it & I probably have it - lol!! So between our collection & whatever TCM will be showing next month, we're all set for Halloween. Oh - & I also collect Halloween memorabilia. Have more Halloween stuff than I do for Xmas. Everything from new pieces down to antique collectibles.

We really do need a MUCH bigger house.
oh we do halloween big inside and out. i will post pics in another thread closer to halloween. i used to be a sales rep for a movie distributer. i bought my old stuff right form the merchant but i also have out of print videos from customers and my boss. i'd say with dvd and video we must have around 2,000 movies. they really do take up so much room!! but they are like part of the family :LOL:

I think the last movie I watched was this weird animated movie called Renaissance. It starred Daniel Craig and was basically a dystopian film noir, kind of slow but cool nonetheless.

wolverine x men origins... good flick
We just got it but haven't seen it yet.

We just saw the mini-series "Holocaust" (Meryl Streep, James Woods, etc.).

We are now (over the last few days) watching "Centennial." We have seen the first ten episodes and have two more to go. I have read the book (James Michener) a few times and have seen the show a few times. It is one of my favorites. This is James's first time.

:)Barbara

We just got it but haven't seen it yet.

We just saw the mini-series "Holocaust" (Meryl Streep, James Woods, etc.).

We are now (over the last few days) watching "Centennial." We have seen the first ten episodes and have two more to go. I have read the book (James Michener) a few times and have seen the show a few times. It is one of my favorites. This is James's first time.

i have seen holocaust many years ago.

i saw centenial years ago also. i bought the set of dvd's but haven't watched it yet. awesome mini and i love robert conrad!!

The film we took in last night was TERRIFIC! Courtesy of our local Library of Congress Audio-Video Preservation Theatre, we got to see The Marx Brothers' "A Night At The Opera" on the big screen. Seeing old classic films on the big screen is like seeing them for the first time. (And it doesn't hurt that the Library of Congress Theatre showings are free!)

The film we took in last night was TERRIFIC! Courtesy of our local Library of Congress Audio-Video Preservation Theatre, we got to see The Marx Brothers' "A Night At The Opera" on the big screen. Seeing old classic films on the big screen is like seeing them for the first time. (And it doesn't hurt that the Library of Congress Theatre showings are free!)
can anyone go to see those movies? or do you have to be a resident of the DC area?

Anyone from anywhere can go. Admission is free, but reservations are recommended although walk-ins are welcome if the show isn't sold out. Movies are shown 3 times a week. Days & times can change from month to month, but for the most part currently are Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays at 7:00 or 7:30 p.m. And sometimes they show a family-type film on Saturday or Sunday at 2:00 p.m. Here's their website:

About the Theater - Culpeper, Virginia - A/V Conservation (Library of Congress)

my daughter and i watched "the dreamer of oz" with john ritter and annette o'toole. it was about L. Frank Baum. very sweet movie which brought a tear or two.

"X-Men Origins: Wolverine" last night. We both really liked it.

"Wall-E" today, for the second time.

we have seen wall - e about a hundred times!! eeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvaa!!

LOL

and kung fu panda about the same.

Back
Top Bottom