What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
<blowing the dust off my VHS copy>
I read something the other day that really made me feel old. It said something to the affect of todays youth will never know the feeling of a VHS take being grabbed out of your hand as it enters the machine. It made me laugh and then look in the mirror for gray hairs.

I read something the other day that really made me feel old. It said something to the affect of todays youth will never know the feeling of a VHS take being grabbed out of your hand as it enters the machine. It made me laugh and then look in the mirror for gray hairs.

:LOL:Happens to me when a nurses aide tells me I'm older than their Mom. I quit counting gray hairs...

Watching "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai in the Eighth Dimension," when I serve lunch.

"Laugh-a while you can Monkey-boy!"

I put the How to train your dragon DVD in for kids, they can't reach the machine and was going to go make a diner, but got stock doing something in the room for few minutes, and then I was totally hooked to the movie ,and of course did not go make the diner, It was really nice movie. Now personally I wish they would skip all that unnecessary kissing, 7-8 and 9 year olds do not really need to see any of that in cartoons, but what can I do, it was there. Loved it.

Finally watched "Love Me or Leave Me", a 1955 biography of Ruth Etting, a 1930's torch singer and her Chicago Hood manager/husband. They were flawlessly played by Doris Day and James Cagney. It was recommended by ChefJune and it didn't disappoint. It was great sharing it with Dad, who remembers Doris Day from those days and DH who doesn't, but loved it!

A few years ago I was teaching a class of 8 year olds at a mid-week program. The lesson for the night said to describe what life was like when you were their age. I talked about getting my first record player (what's a record?), bicycle (they were mortifed that it only had one gear and you back peddled to brake!) and so on. But the one that really got to them the most is that we only had 2 television stations and Colour TV was just coming out and we didn't have one until I was 10!

We watched Toy Story 3 last night. Had some funny stuff!
The Ken and Barbie dynamic was hilarious.
We saw it the other night and loved it. I was amazed at how suspenseful a cartoon could be (the Dumpster scene was "edge of the seat" stuff! LOL).

:)Barbara

We watched A Nightmare on Elm Street (the new one) and Repo men.

The first was worse than I worried it might be, but I really enjoyed Repo Men.

We watched "The Other Guys" and it was hilarious. Loved every bit of it... but not for the kids! Me and dh were wondering why it was only rated PG-13.

We bought Toy Story 3 and have played it a couple times for the girls but I haven't actually sat down and watched it. I do remember the scene when Ken is showing Barbie his "closet" and at that moment it became clear to me why those 2 were really made for each other LOL

...We bought Toy Story 3 and have played it a couple times for the girls but I haven't actually sat down and watched it. I do remember the scene when Ken is showing Barbie his "closet" and at that moment it became clear to me why those 2 were really made for each other LOL
You have to see it! We don't even have any kids at home and we loved it! There are so many jokes and references for the grown-ups that I'm sure you will really enjoy it. :cool:

You have to see it! We don't even have any kids at home and we loved it! There are so many jokes and references for the grown-ups that I'm sure you will really enjoy it. :cool:

I really liked the other 2 Toy Story movies so I'm sure I'll like this one too. Same thing with all the Shrek movies. Dh and I also enjoyed Wall-E and How To Train Your Dragon.

I'll just have to wait until it comes out on regular TV. My TV has a super crisp picture, it's an Orion (!) and has a VCR player in it! I can't imagine how I could hook up a DVD player to it. Of course I could play a DVD on my laptop, but the speaker sounds are awful and screechy.

Like I said, I can wait.

Last night was "Two Days in the Valley" - old (1996), but pretty darn good. Good cast, including a gorgeous Charlize Theron, with James Spader as a very cold killer. How I love Netflix's huge catalog. I think it was someone on this thread a while back who recommended "Shoot 'Em Up." That was a hoot!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom