What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Good Witch's Gift. Sappy, sentimental stuff, but okay once in a while. Good enough to crochet to.

We watched Predators last night. I had higher hopes (yeah I know). It felt like even though it was a cheap crappy movie they missed making a great cheap crappy movie.

The Fifth Element, again and The Bourne Ultimatum...love these movies.
I have been in the mood for a Jason Bourne mini-film festival but can't find one of them. As soon as I find it (we have movies in a few places and they get switched around, so I know it isn't far) I plan to do that. :cool:

:)Barbara

I had it on for noise, really and it was chopped by commercials...yes, I think a Bourne Marathon is in the works.

"Taxi Driver". I'd never seen it before and Tivo'd it off cable. De Niro is a national treasure. No one does creepy like him.

Well, Nicholson, but that's a different type of creepy. :ohmy:

i watched "legion" tonight.

the only scary parts were the old lady crawling on the diner's ceiling, and the little kid speaking with a demon's voice.

otherwise, a stupid movie with a dumb ending.

Most recently we watched "XXX," "XXX-State of the Union," and while James napped I watched "The Langoliers." He woke up for about the last fourth of it. :cool:

barbara, the first xxx was ok, but the second wasn't as good, imo.

i hope james saw the better quarter of the movie, lol.

we also got to see "how to train your dragon". cute movie.

the little guy liked it so much i ran out and bought it. he's extremely proud to be 1/4 viking (norwegian). :)

although, i need to stop making up stories. i told him that grandma used to be a viking, and it was the vikings that invented ice cream. it was invented by the great viking king haagen dazs.
my mother happens to be norwegian and absolutely loves ice cream, so it seemed to fit.

Last edited:
^ haha Buckytom...you're bad :LOL:

"Morning Glory" with Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton, and Rachael Adams. I halfway liked it (the last half). The first half was unbearably annoying. The second half was funny but maybe I was just getting giddy after painstakingly hanging in there during the first half. Storyline was shallow. The director must have told Harrison Ford to just look mean and disconnected because that's the way he was the whole time. Diane Keaton was fun and saved the movie from disaster. Rachael Adams is adorable but was soooo annoyingly hyper throughout the first half of the movie. Her character was suppose to be a driven workaholic but her hyperness appeared forced and non-stop.

Go see it but don't worry if you're an hour late.

Last edited:
barbara, the first xxx was ok, but the second wasn't as good, imo.

i hope james saw the better quarter of the movie, lol.

we also got to see "how to train your dragon". cute movie.

the little guy liked it so much i ran out and bought it. he's extremely proud to be 1/4 viking (norwegian). :)

although, i need to stop making up stories. i told him that grandma used to be a viking, and it was the vikings that invented ice cream. it was invented by the great viking king haagen dazs.
my mother happens to be norwegian and absolutely loves ice cream, so it seemed to fit.
Yes, the first XXX was definitely the best!

James saw the last 1/4 of the movie--but he's seen it before. I happen to really like that movie!

As you can see, I am 1/2 Viking (Swedish).

Attachments

• P8140317.jpg
    P8140317.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 180
Spartan with Val Kilmer. I had expected an ancient setting like Brad Pitt's Troy. Boy, was it not. And it was scarey in more ways than one: CIA, Secret Service making sausage in our national back room. Brrr.

Haagen dazs. Snort.

lol, that's a great picture of you and james, barbara!

i watched "avatar" today. not the bald kid with the glowing arrow on his head, but the big blue monkey people one.

loved it. best cgi movie i've ever seen. it must have been really neat in the theater in 3d.

lol, that's a great picture of you and james, barbara!

i watched "avatar" today. not the bald kid with the glowing arrow on his head, but the big blue monkey people one.

loved it. best cgi movie i've ever seen. it must have been really neat in the theater in 3d.

You mean "The Last Airbender"...I've not heard good things about it.

Dad sent me three Na'Vi Dictionaries (from Avatar) on PDF...time to have fun with another Alien language!

You mean "The Last Airbender"...I've not heard good things about it.

Dad sent me three Na'Vi Dictionaries (from Avatar) on PDF...time to have fun with another Alien language!
My grandson watched "Avatar: The Last Airbender" a lot when I was visiting them. He loved it, and I think my granddaughter did too, but what I saw of it didn't appeal to me. I think they are around the age it was aimed at (9 and 12).

we watch the animated version of avatar: the last airbender on nickelodeon, but for some reason my boy has no interest in the movie.

this past summer, i started making "uncle iroh's" white jade tea on sunday mornings while we watched the cartoon. i found out that jacking up a 6 year old on green tea while watching martial arts cartoons was not a good recipe for a quiet sunday morning, lol.

i need to start wearing a protective cup. :huh:

ok, so, getting back, i watched "funny people" with adam sandler and seth rogen today.

very funny at times, but the plot wanders off and the movie can't seem to end quickly enough.

we watch the animated version of avatar: the last airbender on nickelodeon, but for some reason my boy has no interest in the movie.

this past summer, i started making "uncle iroh's" white jade tea on sunday mornings while we watched the cartoon. i found out that jacking up a 6 year old on green tea while watching martial arts cartoons was not a good recipe for a quiet sunday morning, lol.

i need to start wearing a protective cup. :huh:

ok, so, getting back, i watched "funny people" with adam sandler and seth rogen today.

very funny at times, but the plot wanders off and the movie can't seem to end quickly enough.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Whatever you do, don't give him chocolate covered coffee beans!!

Back
Top Bottom