What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We watched Vanilla Sky tonight. I had never seen it. Not as bad as I feared (not a Cruise fan) and was mildly surprised it was decent.

We watched Vanilla Sky tonight. I had never seen it. Not as bad as I feared (not a Cruise fan) and was mildly surprised it was decent.
We had heard so many bad things about it that we weren't sure we wanted to see it, but we liked it. I can't remember much about it because we saw it so long ago, but I remember that there were a lot of twists, which I like.

:)Barbara

We had heard so many bad things about it that we weren't sure we wanted to see it, but we liked it. I can't remember much about it because we saw it so long ago, but I remember that there were a lot of twists, which I like.

There were, though the "big one" at the end made me growl a bit.

Watched "Winter's Bone" last night, based on the book by Daniel Woodrell. Its good, set in the Ozarks.

We watched the original Karate Kid (goodness is it sooooooo 80's) and Braveheart (very 80's as well.. 1280's) last night.

We watched Disney's "A Christmas Carol" a couple of nights ago. It is animated with the voices of Jim Carey, Colin Firth, and I can't remember who else. I lost intrest and went in the kitchen to put dishes away and tidy up.

We haven't watched many movies for awhile but we finally got a PVR. Great to have HD and taping anything I want. We also subscribed to a Canadian version of Netflix and have been receiving a few movies. Between the two in the last few weeks we have watched:
- Bourne Identity (had seen it but not the others so we started from the beginning)
- The Proposal (Betty White was excellent but a typical formula movie)
- Love Me or Leave Me - the true story of a singer played by Doris Day
- Four Weddings and a Funeral

The same channel (HUB) will be running Muppet Christmas Carol tonight at 8 PM. I'm going to watch that one too.

one of our favorite Christmas movies. but the last one we saw was the latest Harry Potter. Just as good as the rest of them - can't wait for the final one next summer.

We watched Disney's "A Christmas Carol" a couple of nights ago. It is animated with the voices of Jim Carey, Colin Firth, and I can't remember who else. I lost intrest and went in the kitchen to put dishes away and tidy up.
We watched this tonight at our friends' house. It started out painfully slow, but it turned out to be a pretty good movie. I loved watching the extra stuff about the special effects.

We haven't been in a theater in so long I forget what it's like in there! ;) We rent movies regularly though. The last one we rented was not at all what we expected. It was Kick Ass and we were both expecting a Mystery Men kind of movie, but it was not at all like that. We both found it quite disturbing on several levels. I was sick at home earlier this week and watched 17 again, that was cute but fluffy. Then at work I made the kids watch Uncle Buck. John Candy never disappoints. And honestly, although there is some language in there, what a great message for kids to receive.

In a culture where kids often get their moral compass from TV and video, I wish we had more 80's movies for kids to watch. Movies like Adventures in Babysitting, and Karate Kid might have a few moments that are rude in terms of language, but there is no sex - not even a HINT, and the violence is quite mild in comparison to what is allowed at a PG movie these days. OK, getting off my soapbox now.

Last edited:
We haven't been in a theater in so long I forget what it's like in there! ;)

I complained to the management at our theater, the theater was filthy and the smell...arrgh!!! Smelled like a dive bar at 2 in the morning. Very off-putting.

Same here. I haven't been to a movie theater in nearly 10 years. I don't see why I have to pay $15 at my local theater when I can buy most any new theatrical releases from a pirate merchant around the corner for $5 or borrow an academy copy from a friend for nothing. And then there's Netflix which I subscribe to also.

I like movies, especially chick flicks.

Back
Top Bottom