What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was Matt Damon night on Encore. "Good Will Hunting," "The Bourne Identitiy," and "Casualties of War." I hadn't seen COW and it was very good. The other two, I watch whenever I can.

Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog. Laughed so hard I almost cried. You can likely find it on youtube. Its only about 40 minutes and worth watching. Neil Patrick Harris has a surprisingly beautiful voice.

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas. Heart-wrenching, emotionally draining, hard to watch. But an excellent movie about the Holocaust. I don't know that a movie has EVER affected me in this way.

A Jane Campion (an Aussie who is one of my favorite directors) film called "Bright Star" about the ill-fated love of the poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne. Very ethereal. Nearly every scene was beautifully set - the kind of shots you see in Merchant/Ivory films.

Machete.... it was a guy movie night.
About as good as the title would indicate, even with some big names in it.
Wish I could describe the funniest scene, but it might be a bit graphic.
OK, a pretty bad movie, but maybe Death Watch 2000 Parts 1 & 2, seen just before,
colored my opinion..
Like I said, a guy movie night, LOL

One of the funniest scenes in Machete was the opening scene. That basically set the tone for the entire movie. It was pretty bad, the entire movie that is.
Funny thing is that guy used to be a regular client at our shop when he was still an unknown and doing bit parts in commercials and prison scenes in movies. Despite his mean, gangbanger look, he was one of the nicest, easy going guys I've met.

Last night we watched Skin, based on a true story about the South African Apartheid. Good film.

Last edited:
We don't watch much TV and don't subscribe to any of the movie channels on Dish, so Netflix is our movie friend. We just finished watching all the 9 seasons of Seinfeld and had a ball, so we had Witless Protection sent as a movie choice.

It stars Larry the Cable Guy and it's funny from beginning to end. Some of the one-liners and gags are hilarious. We've ordered Delta Farce next.

A BBC series rather than a movie -- "Pie in the Sky" - a semi-retired detective opens his own restaurant of that name with a menu featuring traditional but gourmet meat pies (Is that an oxymoron? Maybe I should check with Bolas). Pleasant and amusing when needing a break from Libya, et al.

We watched Tangled earlier tonight. VERY good movie, &, I have a new respect(& uses) for my cast iron frying-pan! *winks* Maximus/Max (the horse) made me laugh out loud several times! :) Get off your duffs', & rent this movie!! Nothing but grins to gain from watching this flick!

PS - watched the Black Swan a few nights ago....I found it to be terrible! - Very DARK, movie. Left me w/a yucky taste in my mouth. Ballerinas must lead a bad, stringent lifestyle I now conclude. Just not a "happy" movie I would say. Wish that I could "UNwatch" it. :(

Last edited:
I watched half of Macgruber. I hate the SNL skit, but some people I know said the movie was surprisingly decent. They were VERY wrong.

I watched half of Macgruber. I hate the SNL skit, but some people I know said the movie was surprisingly decent. They were VERY wrong.

I watched it for about 10 minutes and was trying to decide what poison I wanted to ingest...decided it was easier to just change channels than make a decision.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom