What's your all-time favorite movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha, I think Top 10 would be a more realistic number for most of us ;) Mine are, in no particular order:

- The Wizard of Oz - used to watch it every year when it was only available once a year lol
- A Star is Born
- Chicago - I bought the soundtrack and sang with it in my car lol
- Grease
- The original Mary Poppins
- Top Gun
- A Few Good Men is a good one we've watched several times
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show - my sister and I went frequently when I was in high school
- Jaws
- It's A Wonderful Life

I don't usually watch movies multiple times. The exception are concert films.

My favorites:
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Woodstock
The Band - The Last Waltz
Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii
Nirvana - Unplugged
White Strips - Under Great White Northern Lights
Amy Winehouse - London 2007
I have a DVD of the Eagles reunion concert. It's great: https://www.amazon.com/Eagles-Hell-Freezes-Over/dp/B0007Y89ZM

GotGarlic said: "Chicago - I bought the soundtrack and sang with it in my car lol"

Soundtracks? I have a couple...
"Forrest Gump" must be Himself's. I didn't even know/ remember that we had it.
IMG_20190912_160400127.jpg

Ha, I think Top 10 would be a more realistic number for most of us ;) Mine are, in no particular order:

- The Wizard of Oz - used to watch it every year when it was only available once a year lol
- A Star is Born
- Chicago - I bought the soundtrack and sang with it in my car lol
- Grease
- The original Mary Poppins
- Top Gun
- A Few Good Men is a good one we've watched several times
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show - my sister and I went frequently when I was in high school
- Jaws
- It's A Wonderful Life

True enough.
On seeing Grease mentioned above, and since I liked most disco music in that era, I really enjoyed Saturday Night Fever. And I would guess that most people who liked disco would enjoy it too.

Who could not have sung along, or hummed, or just felt good listening to the BEE GEEs 'Stayin' Alive', or 'More than a Woman', or even 'Jive Talking' ?

Last edited:
Ah, musicals. I think Oklahoma is one of my faves. Joel Macrae starts with Oh what a beaurtiful morning. Haven't seen it in years though.

We did go to a community theater production not that long ago. I especially liked a scene where the cast performed a faux Busby Berkley art deco choreographed number that worked pretty good.

42nd Street Ruby Keeler and Dick Powell. It has tap dancing!

Back
Top Bottom