What's Your Brand Of Chocolate Decadence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
:chef: Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen;

As always, a pleasure to hear all your feedback and enjoyable discussions. ;)

I have a few brands of chocolate decadence I truly enjoy.

The first is Sprüngli in Zürich, Switzerland. The Corporation Sprüngli produces a lovely brand stretched product called Lindt ...

The other is lauded for its rich delicious blend of dark cacoa with hits of spices and is called Green & Black´s Maya Gold Organic Chocolate, from the U.K.

Kindest.
Margi. Cintrano.

Last edited:
Lindt peanut butter and chocolate truffles are on my short list . I don't care for Green and Blacks especially the Sea Salt or Chili ones.

To be honest, I am not a big chocolate lover at all. Every so often, I'll eat a chocolate chip cookie or three, but it's not something I go out of my way for. It's always kind of puzzled me when I see people go gaga over the stuff. My wife is one of those. She loves everything chocolate and has even been known to jaywalk through 10 lanes of busy traffic if there is a chocolatier on the other side of the street. :LOL:

There is a brand of Belgian chocolate that she likes quite a bit, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Last edited:
I love Ghirardelli and Lindt dark chocolate in the 70%-72% cocoa range. I also love the Lindt dark chocolate with orange and dark chocolate with chilis. The Ghirardelli raspberry filled dark chocolate squares are a little bit of heaven on earth. Ritter Sport dark chocolate with whole hazelnuts is really good.

For milk chocolate, I love Toblorone. I also like Heath and Skor chocolate covered toffee. Cadbury makes the only plain milk chocolate bar that is worth eating as far as I'm concerned and their Caramello bar is yummy.

I love well made fudge style brownies with almonds or walnuts. My grandmother's recipe for chocolate mayonaise cake is pretty awesome, especially drizzeled with homemade caramel sauce and sprinkled with chopped walnuts.

I love hot chocolate made with cinnamon and vanilla or with a little mint extract added. And a chocolate shake made with a good vanilla ice cream, Hershey's syrup, cinnamon and a dash of cardamom is yummy.

Love the Lindt truffles. All of them. Even the white chocolate is glorious. And Canadian Caramello, luscious. Actually, most Canadian chocolate is wonderful.

I have a buddy who goes to swizterland about once a year and he brings back lindt chocolate bars. They are crazy good and better than the ones available here. They have the same flavors but they must have a different recipe for export.

These do it for me!

icecubes-l.jpg

Any good dark chocolate is perfect. I really like Dove Dark Chocolates. Who am I kidding, offer me chocolate and I will take you up on it.

Good Morning Purple Giraffe,

Yes, I had forgotten about this gorgeous Italian Chocolate. We always have it when we are at the Condo, in Puglia ...

However, when in Madrid, we have Lindt or Green & Black´s as well as a Barcelona Producer, Oriol who is a chocolatier and artisan who studied baking under Chef Ferrán Adriá. He has two chocolate boutiques as well, one in Barcelona and one in Madrid not far from our loft. Ferrán Adrià spoke very well of Italian Chocolates in an interview I had done on him, a couple of years ago.

Thanks for posting and feedback.
Have nice Sunday.
Margi. Cintrano.

There is a chocolatier here, they are called Posh Chocolat, their chocolates are divine. I buy one little cake each Friday for Shrek and I to share. Truffle Chocolate Mousse Cake.

The last bakery I worked in (over 20 years now) made truffles...I was in heaven. The baker got his chocolate from Switzerland, I don't remember the name of it. When he was done, oh my!

I love all chocolate. I love milk chocolate when it is done right, which seems to be more rare with mass marketed domestic brands. I love Cadbury milk chocolate from the UK (I can get it at World Market) but the Cadbury here (made by Hershey) tastes just as waxy as a Hershey bar to me. I do like Dove and Ghiradelli milk chocolates.

With dark chocolate, I am pretty picky, just like with coffee it can taste bitter to me. I like Dove dark chocolate because it has a robust flavor but isn't harsh.

Princess Fiona,

Thanks for posting. Posh Chocs. Sound wonderful.

I have also had some lovely lovely chocolate over in Italia, and The brands are: Domori, Permigotti, Caffarel and Ferrero ...

Nathalia lives in Zürich, and we always go to Sprüngli and they are the parent corporation of Lindt ... Could it be Sprüngli ? This is to die for and was dropt from heaven, I assure you. It is world renowned and they have a café where they have worldwide coffees / espresso / cappucchino & internaitonal teas ... It is the oldest chocolatier in Switzerland.

Sprüngli also manufacturers.

@ Bake Chef: Ghiradelli, from San Francisco is a good brand too ... They have some wonderful flavors.

Thanks to both of you for posting and views.

Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Last edited:
Yes, it was Sprüngli! Thank you, I remember the wrapping. He got it in 10 pound bricks and processed it from there. One truffle and you were set for chocolate for the day.

I know the 1st European Country on your List !

Sprüngli is one of the best chocolatiers in the world ...

Shall have to mail you a package when we go to see Nathalia and the boys.

Margi.

I know the 1st European Country on your List !

Sprüngli is one of the best chocolatiers in the world ...

Shall have to mail you a package when we go to see Nathalia and the boys.

Margi.

Oh, yum! Margi! It would be very appreciated! Let me know and I'll PM you my address. I'll have to think of a mailable treat for you!:)

taxlady said:
It's true. Even our Hershey's is better. :LOL:

I know. :(

Bakechef described it well, our US chocolate is "waxy". Wonder why?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom