What's your day like on Wed the 15th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
What are you guys doing?

I have a busy day ahead of me.:ermm: Gotta get both the kids ready and outta the house by 9am. Aidan has gymnastics class and we'll meet dh there. After, lots of errands. Grocery store, Costco, Bank, Library, and to the mall:wacko: to find a birthday gift. Aidan will probably fall asleep in the car in the middle of errand running, so I'll take me book to read while he sleeps. I'll also have to feed Callum a couple times in there too and all these errands take twice as long when you have two kids in tow. We'll probably get home just in time for dh to leave and go to his class. Tiring but better than being home all day. Maybe I'll put off a couple errands until Friday :rolleyes: (like the bank & library that I keep saying "I'll do it next time." I keep putting it off:-p ).

Have a Maidrite day everyone!:LOL:

My first thought when I saw your post was "Beware the ides of March". But, I expect today to be a wonderful day. I start out early going to the gym for some work upstairs, then go downstairs to my water class. Dh will be golfing the most part of the day, so I will do a few small errands and come home and do chores. My ladies group got together for lunch yesterday, 14 of us. We had a very nice time and got an update on my friend who is in hospice. We had so hoped she would beat her cancer, but it doesn't look like it will happen. She sent word to enjoy each other and have a good time. She always enjoyed our lunches so much and we really miss her. She gathered the strength to go to church on Sunday and collapsed soon after going home, had to be taken to the hospital and they transferred her to hospice. I can only think she made a gigantic effort to see us all for the last time. I would have hugged her a little more if I had known it would be the last time I saw her awake. Make sure your family and friends know how much you love them.

Corazon, you sound busy but i would rather have your day. Stomach flu is running through the house here because my idiot neighbor decided to continue her plans for daughter's bday party last thursday even though her family was passing around the stomach flu. She claims everyone was well but when we got there her 2 year old kept saying "owie" and then they spend 20 minutes in the bathroom changing a bad diaper and clothes! Anyways, my son started puking Friday and puked til Monday! My daughter booked to a neighbors house on Saturday (she has school testing all week, needed to avoid getting sick). I felt crappy on Saturday but still had to go to market cuz inlaws came Sunday. My DH was supposed to have surgery on MOnday but had to cancel because he got it. Father in law is sick now, not puking though. My son is now coughing with flem and won't lay day - I suspect an ear infection - he is still up now at 4am! He never ever is up in the night! DH is mad because he is upstairs holding him upright (he screams when you lay him down). He is up ther with him because - worse yet, my daughter came home last night, accidentally used my husbands toothbrush, and is now laying next to me waiting to puke too! I was supposed to go to eye doc today, will need to cancel that to take my son to doc and nurse daughter back to health - she is huge drama queen! Hopefully no one else is gonna get sick (only ones left are me and mother in law). Sorry to rant and rave, maybe I should have found the vent thread! Guess I am feeling sorry for myself. I hope everyone else has a much better day than me! Did I mention I hate my neighbor:mad: ! I've started the "I hate Angela" club - my other neighbor, who was also at the party and who has also had her whole entire family get this, including her, wants to rip her arms and legs off. I hate when people are so careless and ignorant of others when they have sick kids!:mad: :mad: !! I think she has gotten the message, there are three families on this block who are now sick because of her!

Thanks everyone, for letting me vent. With that said, I hope everyone has a good day! And for goodness sake, if you have sick kids, stay away! I read that with stomach flu - you are contagious 3 days before vomitting and two days after! Geeeesh!

Licia, just read your post. I'm sorry to hear of your friend's battle with cancer. I hope her days in hospice are as pain free as possible. She is lucky to have a friend like you.

Michelemarie-you sound like you have your hands full! Hope you all feel better soon- there's nothing worse than the flu running rampant through the household! I, on the other hand have a busy day ahead. Have to pick up my daughter for an appointment and then drop her back at school. Once that's done, it's into the car with my dh anad in-laws and off to Cleveland (about a 3 1/2 hr drive) to the Clinic to have my in-laws checked out- my father in law had 5 bypasses in January and needs to be rechecked (he's doing great!) but my mil just got out of the hospital for chest pain and trouble breathing, which came as a huge surprise as she never complained before about it. We'll hopefully only be gone for 2-3 days. My oldest daughter is bringing my granddaughter and camping out here with her younger sisters (kind of a payback for my watching HER daughter lol). And licia- sorry to hear about your friend as well; all this stuff with the in-laws makes you take pause and think how lucky I am to have them here. My thoughts are with you. Won't be here for a few days so I hope everyone is feeling 100% better when I get back!

Same as middie, here. Work!! Then it will be fixing dinner and watching t.v.
corazon, you will sleep well tonight!!
Licia, I am so sorry about your friend. Sounds like she wanted to see all of you guys so badly and risked her health to do so. If it is the last time, don't worry about the hug, she knows that love her, that is why she went to church. I'm glad that you have a group to spend time with. God Bless!!

Michele. I would want to disect her arms and legs too. I really hate when people do that. It's bad enough when it's adults, but, when you purposely put kids at risk, that is just plain stupidity!!! I hope you tell her how you feel so that she doesn't do it again.

jp, hope everything goes well with your in laws!! Stay safe.

Wow... you guys have all have a hard day a head of you. I'm sending you all hugs.

ME.... I was going to go out and do errands and go pick out some new glasses. But... Paul needed the car so... I'll just be here cleaning a little and playing on DC. It's too cold and wet to do the outside stuff that needs to be done...so, I think I'll give the upstairs a good cleaning.

After reading everyone's posts, I feel almost guilty saying that today has turned out to be quite nice. Caught up with the big project at the office, so I got to leave early and come chat with you all.

Licia and MM, my heart goes out to you both. MM, my boss (single mom) has been battling the same flu with her 5-year-old. Seems the morning preschool class all came down with it and they didn't tell the afternoon moms. She came back to work today to escape the madness (luckily, her mom was available to step in).

i'm sorry to hear about your friend licia. i hope her last days are peaceful, and full of visits from loved ones.

and m squared, you have every right to be pissed. i hate it when sick people don't have enough sense to stay away from others.

today started off ok for me. got up early, fed the birds, cleaned the cages, took a shower with my boy. you can't do anything without him anymore. as soon as he hears the shower, off comes the clothes and diaper, even if the diaper was "in use" at the time.
then i spent an hour and a half to go the 18 miles or so to work.

as soon as i got in, i had to set up a temporary hd record/playback station for a new comcast feed, then routine a control room.

the rest of the day should be chasing around problems for the ncaa's.

oops, gotta run. just got marching orders to go move some equipment so other temporary equipment can be poorly installed.

Mudbug- if I trained her - she probably would do laundry and windows-well this may be a problem because she doesn't have thumbs!!!:LOL: She has just gotten to be my true confidant and soother of my aching heart some days.She lives up to her name-Angel :angel: .She's a yellow lab that is such a gift from God. I do the hair of clients who are not well and they come to my home-when Angel senses their unhappiness or that they are uncomfortable she will put her head on their laps or sometimes just rubs her head against their hands.:) If she hears any of us crying she comes immediately usually with one of her toys wagging her big ole tail to comfort us- if that doesn't work she gets her 81 lb body in our laps and licks our faces making us laugh.I know this may disgust some people but, this is a show of affection in the only way Angel knows how.:angel: There is an inspirational story to how Angel got her name and I will share if anyone would like but, I think I have bored you all enough with this testimony of admiration for my Angel!!!:rolleyes: Love and energy, Vicki

ya know, i could use a good doggie story right about now, how 'bout you 'bug?

(and btw, making people laugh and licking their faces is a real talent.)

Last edited:
i'm not licking your face again 'bug, no matter how many of those apple squares you have left.

ok, just this once...

Well I just added Angel's pic to my profile- If you want her story here goes.
As you know my son oldest son Jymm suffered from depression. In 1998 he had been in and out of psych hospitals for failed attempts.He was 17 at the time. My other son Dennis was 14 and my daughter Kiersten was 11. The younger two had been feeling the results of the on-going battles to save their adored brother's life-we never knew what the outcome was going to be and they were starting to lose any enjoyment in life. My husband Jimmy suggested we get a puppy-I was against it- I didn't want to fall in love with another living thing as long as I lived and I knew I would. The kids were particularly bad after one of Jymm's hospital stays and I knew I would have to give in- something had to put life back into this famliy.So on Nov.1 ,1998, Jimmy I and Dennis took a ride up to a farm where they were selling yellow lab puppies-this was the one stipulation I had- this puppy hair had to match our furniture!!We had been baby sitting breeders from Guiding Eyes and they were all black labs and as much as I loved them-they weren't color co-ordinated with this house!!!Anyhow- at this farm there were two females left-it was a hard decision but, I chose the puppy who stopped squirming when picked up after running and playing.She was pure white and I wanted to call her Sugar-ok Jimmy grimaced everytime I called her this BUT I ignored him. When we arrived home with her, Kiersten was just coming home from a sleep over not knowing that we were even thinking about getting a puppy. She was elated- it was the first time I had seen my little girl's eyes light up in a long time. And Dennis- well he was teary eyed and kept saying he couldn't believe we got her.Now as an added bonus Jymm was home.We all brought "Sugar" in the house and sat on the kitchen floor with her.Jymm held her up to his face and I actually saw expression of peace and love there-not pain and agony or the blank expression some meds had given him.With the exception of my husbcand we were all calling her Sugar to which he finally said "For God's sake does that have to be her name- it sounds like a hooker's name."That's when Dennis said-"Let's call her Angel- look at what she's done- we're all here sitting together laughing and having a good time."SO that's where Angel got her name and deservedly so.Her AKC name is Quackenbushes Guardian Angel.This is Angel's story and I hope it was ok to print it here. BTW Kiersten told me she also got an almost family pic to post in the photos gallery here. I say almost because Jymm of course is not in it and well Angel isn't either.Thanks for listening guys!!!Love and energy to you all!!

Back
Top Bottom