What's your definition of home made?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iooooh what a great topic today!! I made cookies today...they were from the little bag that said "Chocolate chip cookies" add margerine, eggs, dash of water......home made...not near close enough but I put my heart in them and thats what counts.....I do have to agree from scratch and homemade, close but theres such a fine line....as I said does it matter if its made with love? Oh hence why the restaurant can never make homemade, cause well they dont love you...lol...sorry...

I agree with everyone on this, from scratch for me is starting at the bottom and working to the top and finished product...Homemade about the same, but maybe with a little help..We all can't start from scratch with every meal each day, it would be terribly hard and time consuming..Young mothers with several small children cannot do everything from scratch nor can many of us who have ailments and health problems, but, we can cook and bake as best we can and with love, that's really all our familys and friends want, just to be with us, to eat a meal together and share our day..So which ever way we choose, it's what we can do..I love cooking from scratch, but, at times need help and we shouldn't feel intimidated about admiting it..I think each of us here should be so proud of ourselves and how we share with each other and how we care for each other and our family's..

kadesma:)

I believe that anything made at your home, in your kitchen, with your love, is home-made. I'm tired of restaurants claiming their food is "home-made". Was it made in someone's home? No. If you augment your skills with a mix, but make it in your kitchen, with your love, it is home-made. "From Scratch" is another story. It means exactly that. But home-made is simply something you did yourself, in your kitchen.

I think restaurants that claim to have "home-made" means somebody stood in the back and made the product just as they would have at home...rather than purchasing a pre-made finished product from the supplier. I have an advantage though....our home is above our restaurant and our restaurant kitchen is my home kitchen....mine has to be home-made! lol.

Back
Top Bottom