What's your ethnic heritage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
babetoo said:
for some reason that picture disturbs me. guess i don't want my pork to look like the animal. :rolleyes:

It is funny how we are ok with a chicken sitting on a beer can in the gas grill, but to a pig on a rotisserie bothers us. :D

yes, latvia was occupied by russia during the cold war, after ww2. as of 1990, latvia, lithuania and estonia are independent and free nations once again!

very few people would have been able to come up with this lady's nation of origin, as you did, claire!:) latvia is a tiny country, about the size of new jersey, with a population of only about two million people. you made that lady's day for sure, claire, by your recognition. and today you made mine....:)

I only came up with it because Mom joined a book club when I was around 10 years old. Why, I don't know, because she really isn't much of a reader. One book was Leave Your Tears in Moscow, a memoir of an American woman who went to visit her roots and wound up in a prison camp in Siberia. That's how I learned about Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. For some reason, I can never remember Estonia. Coming up with Latvia was just lucky guess. But the woman always thought fondly of me because I actually knew her country existed at one time (and does again! Yay!)

I'm a mix but I think it comes with being Filipino since the Philippines has been occupied quite a bit.

Mom's side: Filipino, Chinese, Irish-American
Dad's side: Filipino, Spanish (not quite sure what else is mixed in there)

A lot of people aren't sure what I am when they first meet me. I've been confused for Mexican, Spanish, American Indian/Eskimo. The Irish-American kicks in cause I'm lighter and taller than most Filipinos ;)

i see scots were not represented. (pale blue. see billy connolly :))

Woad is me, we didn't want to be pict on.

:LOL:

What a pair of silly buggers. That's what my Scottish MIL would have said.

I once saw Billy Connolly live, in Montreal. OMG, that man is funny. My ex had a whole bunch of his albums.

In my next life I'd like to be born a Tibetan. Politics aside, I like their simple way of existence.

I have always had an interest in the simple life but, I must confess I have been a failure at it.

I like this quote that was attributed to Diogenes: " poverty is the only thing money can't buy." :ohmy:

i would love to live the simple, naturalistic lifestyle of thoreau's walden pond--with servants.... :)
That simple, naturalistic lifestyle can be a lot of work in the 21st century. It's amazing how long it takes to spin enough fiber to make an outfit...I'm still working on it;).

Ready for this:
About half of me is made up of Irish and Native American (1/16 Cherokee and 1/8 Chippewa). The rest of me is Scottish, English, French, German and possibly Dutch.
If I'm not enough of a mutt, my husband also has Scandinavian ancestry, so my girls will just have to say "human," and maybe throw in "the sun hurts." (That bit of Native blood hasn't helped much.)

As for cool ancestry, my paternal grandmother's great or great-great-grandfather was a chief and a dog-sled mail carrier (interesting combo, eh?:)), we, too, are related to Jesse James (the outlaw, not the tv guy) and we have pioneer ancestors who pulled handcarts to Utah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom