Whats your favorite food network show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
Also like Jacques Pepin's Fast Food My Way

A couple of my public cable channels have Pepin along with a few other that are pretty good. Lidia's Family Table, BBQ U w/Steven Raichlen and Colomeco's food show.

My favorites are:

Everyday Italian
Molto Mario
Barefoot Contessa
Guy's Big Bite
30 Minute Meals
Tyler's Ultimate
Boy Meets Grill
Iron Chef America
Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello
Good Eats
Essence of Emeril
Paula's Home Cooking

iron chef, tylers ultimate and next ftv star (just to see how bad in the kitchen some of these guys are)
Of the old shows: Sara Moulton, Molto Mario, Cookworks with Donna Doer, Calling all cooks, Melting POt.

Just for the filming I can watch GIada cut up an onion any day.

I used to love "Calling All Cooks", the show where the host didn't cook, but traveled to the homes of regular folks and had them cook their signature recipes. I've always believed that the best dishes are the tried and true ones made by home cooks that have been passed down from generation to generation.

Now...
Tyler's Ultimate
Food 911
Everyday Italian
Bobby Flay- Boy Meets Grill

I haven't been watching Food Network much lately except to root for JAG on the The Next Network Star.

I was recently reminded of Jack Hourigan, the co-host of How to Boil Water and, I think, one of the most appealing personalities, not chefs or even cooks, on the channel. I don't recall the name mentioned on DC so, since it might not be very well known, I looked for a picture. In so doing I found this article Jack wrote. For some reason it touched me.

Good Eats. I know Alton can be over the top sometimes, but it makes a potentially dry subject (food science) quite entertaining and informative. I don't usually use any recipes from his show, but I pick up some information that helps me understand why I was taught certain things in the kitchen.

Chipotle Tom said:
Good Eats. I know Alton can be over the top sometimes, but it makes a potentially dry subject (food science) quite entertaining and informative. I don't usually use any recipes from his show, but I pick up some information that helps me understand why I was taught certain things in the kitchen.
Tom I agree with you and and the other AB fans who have posted. I just wish there were more new shows. I try to stay on top of the schedule and record any Good Eats episodes that I haven't already taped.

Buck and I plan on watching the new season, beginning in August, of Alton Brown's "Dining on Asphalt" because he was in our little town earlier this year filming. He thinks our little barbecue shack is the best ever. :clap: Can't wait to see the program. Gotta agree with him, too, the 'cue is yum, yum, yummers!

Yeah, I really enjoyed Feasting on Asphalt. I was a geography major in college, so the whole thought of a geography based culinary tour of the US really appeals to me. I especially like the episodes with the pickled pigs feet and the brain sandwich. Interesting stuff!

Effective next week, Emeril Live is moving from 8:00 PM to 7:00 PM weeknights. Good Eats and Secret Life of... are taking its place. I was surprised by this move.

Good Eats is my favorite. Alton Brown RULES!!!! I also like Unwrapped, but I loathe Mark Summers. I hate the so-called competition shows. BOOORRRRINNNG!!!!
Ya'll should check out Mark DeCarlo on The Travel Channel. I think it's Taste of America. He's a hoot!!

Tyler's Ultimate.... I just saw that yesterday for the first time. I'll have to add that to my earlier list, at least after seeing that one show.

Another one I liked.... I don't think it's on anymore, is that one where the guy used to go to a cook's home who was having trouble cooking something and show them how it's done. Usually simple foods like fried pork chops, roasted chicken, but something that they lent their expertise to.

Right before my job let out for the summer, I broke my leg. I spend a lot of time watching the Food Network, and my mom just doesn't understand why I do. She thinks it's because I'm hungry. I told her it's because I want to get new ideas. She still doesn't get it. I'm just glad to see others around me at school like to watch it, and then you all here. The shows I like are, in no certain order:

30 Minute Meals
Paula's Home Cooking
Good Eats
Iron Chef America
Barefoot Contessa (I used to hate the way this show looked, then I watched it one day and I was hooked)
Throwdown with Bobby Flay
Dinner Impossible
Ace of Cakes

Back
Top Bottom