"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-15-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
When Do Your Kids Go Back To School?

Well, my little darlin's go back to school tomorrow!! Which, means I get to go back to work also.(I'm hoping they keep me busy subbing this year.) TC is in 4th grade & Savannah in 1st this year. Things should be pretty interesting. We met their teachers yesterday & I think they are going to be really good. I'm trying not to think about next school year though. My baby boy will be going to middle school!!

Oh, I'm supposed to have a job interview some time next week too! It's for a childcare assistant at a school for unwed teen mothers who want to continue their education. The job is only 2 days a week & in the late afternoon so I'll still be able to sub & be on the same schedule as my kids pretty much.

Anyway, when do your kids go back or have they already started?

Old 08-15-2006, 10:08 AM   #2
Master Chef

Crewsk, good luck with your interview next week! It sounds like it would be a wonderful job for you--and you'd be doing such a good service for those moms, too! Savannah's in first grade this year--yikes!

I think kids return to school the week before labor day around here. I'm always amazed at how early you guys start!

Old 08-15-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
Senior Cook

My dad wonders how I got so old. He probably wouldn't be able to tell you what year I am though.

But I start a week from tomorrow (August 23rd.)
I'm excited (since I'm the one going back to school), but I don't feel like I accomplished everything this summer that I wanted to.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:14 AM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

My SO's grandchildren in Florida went back last Tuesday. They're in high school and middle school.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Cade started first grade on monday of last week, he goes to a year round school where his mom teaches. My other daughter will be starting on Aug.28. She is teaching fourth grade for the first time this year. Summer is on it's way out.
Good luck with the job interview Crewsk..

kadesma
Old 08-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I think Billy goes back the 24th. He's starting the 4th grade. My litle baby isn't so little anymore *sniff sniff*.
Good luck with the interview Crewsk !
Old 08-15-2006, 12:03 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Good luck on your job interview Crewsk. My kids go back on the 21st and my oldest will be starting middle school (junior high) as well. My daughter, the middle one will be a 5th grader and my youngest (3 1/2 year old) will stay home with me and occasionally go to daycare when I go substitute at school.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #8
Everymom

My girls go back September 5th. Kate goes for an orientation session on the 31st since she is now in Junior High (grade 7). Madeleine goes back to the same school but has the bonus of having her favorite teacher once again for grade 5. WOOHOO!!

Good luck on the interview crewsk. I know they will hire you, you're a perfect pick.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:33 PM   #9
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Thanks so much for the support on the interview. I'm beyond nervous about it because I haven't had one in about 11 years!!

Middie, I know exactly how you feel!

PA, my neices & nephews went back August 4. I'm glad I had a little more time to get my kids ready.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Wow, alot of kids seem to have gone back to school so early. Mine starts on Sept. 5, she's in high school.