"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

When Good News Just Can't Be Any Better

I just talked to my daughter. She went for her first MRI since she stopped her chemo.

When they first discovered the brain tumor, it was quite large and cancerous. The type of cancer she has only 5% of the people survive. They removed 95% of the tumor and was on chemo for more than two years. The chemo reduced the small piece of what was left of the tumor by 30%. That was way more than the doctors ever expected.

So now she goes for an MRI every three months. But she doesn't have to have any more blood work. She went last week for her first one since she stopped the chemo. The doctor told her that these past weeks he has been doing some research for her and has really good news. He studied all the data that he could find for her type of cancer. Right now I am so excited I can hardly type. But I have to share this with someone.

He told her that for the type of cancer she has the information has changed drastically. The 5% of survivors no longer applies. With all the new chemo treatments and surgeries they now do, and what was done on her, her chances of living and surviving are now 25 years more. And the chances of the small piece of tumor that is left is no longer cancerous and will no longer return. So instead of always wondering if she has only 10 minutes or 10 years, I can now relax a bit and just wallow in the good news.

So all those angels have done their job. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and angels that were sent her way. I truly believe that each and every angel has been watching over her. One can never have to many angels looking down of them and watching over them. A big THANK YOU to all of you for helping me through these past few years and making it a little more bearable. When I first got the news of her cancer I couldn't stop crying. Now I am crying again as I type. Only these are tears of gratitude. Time for me to go in my corner and have that GOOD cry now.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Addie, it's wonderful to hear such great news about your daughter. What a relief

Old 08-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs Addie))) I'm so relieved and delighted to read your good news.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

What great news! I'm happy for you and your whole family.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Excellent news!
Old 08-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #6
Wine Guy

Great news, Addie!
Old 08-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #7
Sous Chef

Think this says it all

xxxx

Life is like good wine.......best taken with friends x
menumaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by menumaker View Post
Think this says it all

xxxx
Indeed it does. And I want to thank all of you for your kind words. It seems funny not to be doing the angel anymore. Whether you wanted to traverse this road with me or not, I just took you along. And you have all given me strength to keep going and not break down every time I thought of her and what she was going through.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
Master Chef

With so much bad news lately this is just fantastic Addie! Won't it be wonderful you can relax now. Every mother understands the agony you've been through, me included. It must be wonderful to be able to breathe again........

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

That makes me so happy to hear good news! I'm so happy for you!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote