When Shaving Yourself is Brilliant News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
When I picked Sheila up from the hospital today she was really excited because today, for the first time since the stroke, John was able to shave himself. She's been going in much earlier so that she was able to help with the washing and dressing routine; feeding dinner etc. It looks as though at very long last some very positive things are happening.
Thickening no longer needed in his drinks and 'proper' soft food for meals.

Thanks again folks for all the positive thoughts and encouragement sent across the pond. :) They are received with huge gratitude.

Excellent news csalt!!!! They must be happy with his weight then inasmuch that they believe that the real food will recover his lost weight. Another good bit of news.

Such wonderful news, csalt! It must be so encouraging to John to be able to do this for himself again. Recovery is made up of these small victories stacked one on top of the other. And what a fortunate man to have Sheila and you and other neighbors who are there for the long haul. Ya'll are just "lovin' him well"!

I would be an awful hypocrite if I let you all think that sometimes we would much rather not be in for the long haul. Our lives are now organised round 'hospital run' days, 3 days this week with x2 journeys each day.
It does make a difference in plans for the day. Having said that we wouldn't in a million years want to do it any other way. If the positions were reversed there's no doubt at all what Sheila and John would be doing.
We are blessed to have such lovely people as our neighbours and really hope these small positive steps are the beginning of many and more frequent ones.At least now that the days are getting longer I don't have to drag DH along as well because I don't do well at driving in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom