When will people get some sense?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pook said:
My daughter told me a couple years ago, "Mom, you were tough, but thanks. I know what I need to do but it's hard, so I'll follow you for Kory, and make him a good man."
Yep, she spanks him.
I don't hear of him calling 911.
Kids are difficult. Hang in there, you parents. Do the best you can to make sure these kids will be the leaders you need in your later years.
Hugs,
Pook
Some parents believe in spanking; others prefer alternatives. For example, my daughter has been extremely successful in disciplining her two children without once spanking them. It is a very touchy (pun intended) and controversial subject.

VeraBlue said:
In addition to all that dangerous art hanging, I played in the woods all day long. I played in the brook, barefoot. I caught giant carp with a piece of balled up Wonder bread on a safety pin, attached to a string, tied to a stick. We played war with sticks as guns, and played house. We played 'king of the mountain' on giant heaps of earth, jumping off to see who could get farther. We played kick ball in the street. We caught turtles at the turtle pond and guppies under the bridge. We rode three on a bike, and we did it without helmets.. We walked a mile, to and from school, regardless of the weather. If we got in trouble, we actually had to 'stay after' that day. We became 'blood brothers', even though I'm a girl. We shared drinks from the same bottle. We drank soda and stopped at the candy store after school. We did not have cell phones. If my mother wanted me to come home from a friend's house, (and my siblings weren't actually there, too), she'd send one of them to get me.

I hope the kids who live in this county are wearing flame proof clothing and only study in brick schools on stone desks with rocks to etch on.:glare:
"Wonder bread"? :LOL:

Well, when I was a kid, we jumped off two-story buildings onto concrete; we walked 15 miles both way to school through hail, sleet, and snow; but our most fun was lighting little bonfires behind the house and seeing who could hold their hands in the flames the longest.

Oh, to be a child again.

Well, when I was a kid, we jumped off two-story buildings onto concrete; we walked 15 miles both way to school through hail, sleet, and snow; but our most fun was lighting little bonfires behind the house and seeing who could hold their hands in the flames the longest.

Oh, to be a child again.

Children are among the viewers on this forum!
You cannot jump out of an upstairs window onto the concrete without going splat!
If it takes 15 minutes to walk six blocks, it will take six hours to walk 15 miles; maybe four hours if you walk fast.

You cannot walk with hail stones coming down and hitting you like golf balls.
If you light a fire behind your house, you will most likely catch your house on fire, killing your family and spending the rest of your life in jail.

suzyQ3 said:
"Wonder bread"? :LOL:

Oh, to be a child again.

Hey Suzy, did you have to shovel your way to school through blinding snowstorms every day and shovel your way back too? :LOL: Thats the one I tell my kids.;)

Honestly, there are so many things we can rant about in terms of how the world is changing but really change is inevitable. Some is good and some is just silly. But, silly is not the exclusive domain of todays parents and politicians oldtimers got to be silly too. (Dang I STILL can't find that link but I'm looking!)

I do wish though that those kids could see their artwork up on the walls. Maybe they can send it home to their refrigerators. I don't think there is a regulation about how much fridge space has to be left free!;)

Heck, when I was in elementary school myself and a few friends used to burn things on the playground (leaves, twigs etc.) with a magnifying glass and the teachers actually watched us do it. In hindsight that doesn't seem to be a particularly intelligent decision on the teachers' part but we never hurt ourselves.

My Dad has been a Columbus firefighter for 25 years and he told me that the fire marshal can bend and interpret fire codes to suit their whim. It doesn't seem right but it's also not illegal. It could be that your particular fire marshal might be a jerk.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom