When you rise before the sun?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never wake up by myself, except sometimes I have to go to the toilet, but that's more sleep walking.. :eek:)
okay, in winter the sun is not up when I have to stay up for work, but then it was my alarm that wakes me up... but not long and the sun will be faster than I :)

when I was younger me and my friend got up quite early to go on a ride with our horses in the rising sun.. that was almost as beautiful as bucky described. Going along the river with the sun working its way through the fog... *sigh*

If I see the sun come up, it is usually because I have been up all night (usually typing a paper for class). I get to bed pretty late, especially on Friday nights and during the summer, but not usually after sunrise! It is a little after 4:00 right now, and I am still up. I am very tired however (long day, which included one of my students not making it home), but I had a lot of typing to do. This paper is due Saturday night at midnight, and I still have a lot to do. I will (as usual on Saturday mornings) sleep very late (at least 11:00, but as tired as I am right now, who knows?!).

Even though I am not a morning person in any way, shape, or form, on the few occasions I have been up before the sun (usually when we are leaving on a long trip), I have really enjoyed the peacefulness of the early morning. Watching the sunrise (especially when I lived in California and saw it come up over the mountains, or when driving through the desert) was an amazing experience!

:) Barbara

I throw an all out tantrum! In bed of course... If I wake up, it is hard to fall back asleep. And if I do, it is like 15 minutes before the alarm goes off.

Up and Awake at What Time?

Sounds as if you guys know how to enjoy the wee hours of the morning- my early rising starts about 5:15 am; it's great to be up and have the computer to myself (I have a teenager-"nuff said"). I read the news and surf for things to make- places to travel to and just to generally have the time to organize my thoughts. There's something to be said for those "quiet" hours.

Whether it's 3am because I haven't hit the sack yet or because I've woken up in the middle of the night, it's not too uncommon a time to be awake for me. If I get the distinct feeling that sleep is miles off I tend to go on the PC (and usually to DC), write letters (snail mail), do quite, light housework (ironing in the early am has been known to happen) or sort things (like paper work, old clothes, etc). I find the tranquility of this late (or really early) hour a great time to just be at one with your thoughts and I like the serenity of being "alone" with whatever tast (or hobby) I'm doing :)

(Anau, those pictures are stunning! Thank-you for posting them :))

Back
Top Bottom