"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
i don't like sleeping pills. i have had insomnia since i was a teen. a long time.

i only take mine if i NEED to.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I can't remember the last time I was bored. Numb, maybe, after Buck died, but not bored. I have always had plenty of things to fill my time even when I can't sleep. I have so many interests there's almost always something I can do. If nothing else, there are the hundreds (yes, I said hundreds) of books that are in my "to be read" library.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
I can't remember the last time I was bored. Numb, maybe, after Buck died, but not bored. I have always had plenty of things to fill my time even when I can't sleep. I have so many interests there's almost always something I can do. If nothing else, there are the hundreds (yes, I said hundreds) of books that are in my "to be read" library.
yup i have hundreds of books also.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #24
Master Chef

me, too! we probably have read thousands of books, guys.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #25
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
me, too! we probably have read thousands of books, guys.
to be honest between my hard covered, soft covered (which some come from yard sales, second hand book stores, book clubs and libraries sell hard cover), audio and cook books i probably have thousands of books. after i read them i box them up and store them (i can't part with them). we have 6 book cases floor to ceiling full of just hard bound books.

and yes we have most definitely read thousands of books.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

I sometimes get bored as I sit doing dialysis each morning, so I log on here and see whats cooking When I'm finished I have been doing some things for Olivia, she loves cupcakes and butterflies so I'm painting butterflies on a t-shirt and I got her a pair of canvas shoes and I'm putting small butterflies on them with small colored rhinestones. The boys are wanting t-shirts with their hand print along with mine..So we have those to do...I'm trying to read twilight and a book about the Yankee's by Joe Torree..
Should keep me busy If all else fails I cook

kades
Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #27
Senior Cook

When my life wasn't in upheaval, ie: Living in my own house with a steady and good paying job, I was never bored. I would skydive, build things around the house, garden, swim, go see friends,etc. Now, with money tight, no job, and living in a rented house that I'm not allowed to modify in anyway ... I get bored easily ... especially since I have all day to do absolutely nothing, because doing something costs money in one way or another ... even if it's just the gas it takes to get somewhere.

So the only things I do now are read, surf the net, play video games ... and that's about it.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #28
Sous Chef

When I get bored I turn on the music system in high volume and do household works like cleaning, dusting, scrubbing etc.
radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #29
Master Chef

surf the net, read, clean, sit outside on my porch swing and listen to nature.