Where are the new posts going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This has been going on with my post for a couple of days. It's as they are being reorganized as they are posted but not to new topics.

I think it's a vbulletin setting. Once you respond, you won't see it again after hitting "new posts" until someone responds/posts after you.

Well, it just started doing this and it is bugging the crap out of me!
I even looked at one without replying and I had to find what forum it was in to find it again.

Moving posts - like my car in the parking lot

Well, it just started doing this and it is bugging the crap out of me!
I even looked at one without replying and I had to find what forum it was in to find it again.

Now I'm replying and this your first post about this will go back to the top. Might not stay there, depends on how many are posting and replying to other posts. They can move down the page and out very quickly.:ermm:

It is because, once you have read it and responded to it, it is not NEW anymore, therefore it will NOT be listed as a NEW post because it is not NEW anymore.
If you go to Portal and just look at all the categories and then the threads there you can see them all, not just the new ones.
This is happening now, and not before, because the Admin just turned this feature on.

TG - Tech has officially fixed the issue with once you read a post/thread it should NOT show up as new anymore. What was annoying (for most) is when a forum was marked as read you could come back and it was showing up as new when in fact, no new posts had been made.

If you ever want to see what has been posted for the day click on Quick Links and then click on Today's Posts.

When I post now, the whole thread is invisible and hard to find afterward. For example, I wanted to add something to my post on cooking beans, but now it's hard to find without a lot of searching.

This is a new issue (past 2 days) very annoying, IMO.

When I post now, the whole thread is invisible and hard to find afterward. For example, I wanted to add something to my post on cooking beans, but now it's hard to find without a lot of searching.

This is a new issue (past 2 days) very annoying, IMO.

If you go up to the top bar and click on quick links, there is an option for "Todays Posts" which lists all the posts for today.

Ray

has anyone started a what's for dinner for tonight thread, Friday, 25th? Just what is showing up under "new posts"? That is all I ever clicked on, but my new posts are not there.

New posts will only appear now if there are actually "new posts" for you to read. With the old system people were complaining that they would mark forums read and the threads would still appear. This is because of the old system that vBulletin used back in the 3.0.x days. They have a better thread marking system in the new version that removes the thread after you view it and it will not reappear until there is something new for you to see in it.

ugh! it's driving me nuts!
Can't we go back to the way it was? My brain is too old to learn new computer stuff....:ermm:

THANK YOU!!!:LOL: I feel the same way. When it was new, it was a dark blue, if there wasn't anything new, it was light blue. That was good enough for me.

THANK YOU!!!:LOL: I feel the same way. When it was new, it was a dark blue, if there wasn't anything new, it was light blue. That was good enough for me.

I don't remember a color scheme, as much as things were in the order to which they were responded to. (whether you responded or not). It was so much easier to find all the postings! Since this is the only forum I frequent, it's the only one I'm used to.

I have to say I quite like the new feature. When it first happened it confused me but since I worked it out, I have thought it an improvement. When I logged on tonight (Monday) for the first time since Thursday, it showed that I had 283 new posts to look at. I find it quite pleasing to see the total disappearing each time I post. It's like crossing something of a "To Do" list!!! LOL

I didn't like it at first, I thought maybe the whole forum society got together and decided they didn't like my posts and were not putting them up, because I would click back to new posts after adding one, and I wasn't there! :ohmy:

Now I like it, because really, I don't always need to be number one. :rolleyes:
I'm just fine at the bottom of the heap.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom