Where are you from

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska, although there is a period from 1978 thru the mid 80's that my whereabouts are a mystery to even me. (give me a break-it was the 1970's-you did it too!!!):LOL:

Will be relocating to Nevada when Mrs SK retires in two years.

Born in San Diego, California (moved several times throughout San Diego between birth and age 8).
Moved to Kansas City, Missouri about age 8 1/2.
Moved to Independence, Missouri about age 9.
Moved back to San Diego at age 10.
Moved to Vista, California (North San Diego County) at almost age 15.
Spent about 6 months, at age 19, in Argyle, Minnesota with my aunt, uncle, and cousins, then back to Vista.
Moved to Oceanside, California in May 1978.
Moved back to Vista in February 1980.
Moved to McColl, South Carolina in October 1996.
Moved to Pageland, South Carolina in July 1999, and I still live there.

South Carolina will never really be home to me. The problem is, on visits back to California, which I still call home, it has changed so much that I don't know if it will ever really be home again either! I have to admit that on our vacation I felt totally at home in the midwest. I would have moved there in a heartbeat. Who knows, maybe someday!

:)Barbara

Last edited:
I was born in California and have lived in Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts, Florida, and Texas. It's strange to me that I have ended up in Texas since I really don't like the heat. Like Katie E, I thrive in colder weather. But since my kids were born and raised here, for the most part, they have settled here. And I can't imagine living where they weren't all less than a couple of hours away. (Of course, maybe they imagine it all the time.)

I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. I now live in the burbs. We had planned on moving to Costa Rica 2 years ago, but taking care of my grandmother and mother (both in an assisted living) put that on hold. My grandmother passed away 3 months ago and I'm the only child still here for my mom. My 3 brothers all live out of town. Hopefully in a year or two we will be able to at least live in Costa Rica for the winter months of the year. Dh is disabled and the cold weather just destroys him.

Barb

born in Philly PA. raised in Wash DC, colleged and started teaching on the Eastern Shore (Chesapeake Bay) culinary school in the Hudson Valley, now live back over the Mason Dixon in SE PA, Amish farms and mushroom country. Have been to 37 states (and several other countries) and found beauty and fine people in them all, but the mid atlantic is home.

Born in Long Beach, CA; raised all over the place, US, Cuba and etc (Navy Brat). When Dad retired (I was 15) he wanted to be as far from the ocean as possible, so we settled in a little farm town named Fremont in Nebrasa. Spent the next 45 years there, met my DW on the net and moved to Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Yes! there is such a place. Lynn got promoted so we moved to the San Diego area. A few years ago we bought a house in Poway (look it up) and here we are. However we're thinking of moving to Oceanside in the near future. (Wanderlust?) I'll take my stove with me!

Salt Lake City Utah - and No I am not Mormon BUT my name is Norman! ;)

Live in Tooele now, about 30 miles from SLC, will move back this next year.

Thats all.

Born Bronx, New York.
Moved to St. Paul MN when I was 13.
MOved to INdiana for a year with DH when I was 23.
Came back to St.Paul
Now living in the sticks about 45 min north of "the cities" as the locals call Mpls/St.Paul.
I love NY, but I don't ever get to go back. My heart is there, but I've been settled in here so long I may as well call MN home..... although it's a little too cold here for me.... maybe a move a little south after the kids are gone.
Or southern Italy when I win the lottery.....

Born, raised and still live in Cape Town, South Africa. Will never live anywhere else in SA (lived in Johannesburg for 6 months 12 years ago and hated every minute). If we leave Cape Town it would probably be to emigrate to New Zealand or Australia.

Such interesting and varied backgrounds!! I am in Northeastern NC,
Lived here all my life, most likely will die here. But it ain't far to the mountains or the beach....Like Jeremiah Johnson says, in the movie...
"Good water, not much wind...it'll be a good place to live."

:) Born in Naples, Italy on a Navy base raised for a few years in Germany. After that I have lived in Arizona, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Colorado and have settled in Northern New Mexico I love it here. Did live in Cinncinati for a while and absolutely hated it. Lived in New York City a few months.

Back
Top Bottom