"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-03-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Smile Where do pets come from?

In light of the recent thread on our four legged friends. A little "knowledge" for your enjoyment.....

Where do pets come from?

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, "No problem! I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.

And it was a good animal.

And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, "No problem Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.

And they were comforted.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, "No problem! I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.

And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was happy.

And Cat didn't give a crap one way or the other.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:14 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Perfect, Pacanis. I liked that. Thanks

Old 05-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Very good, made me laugh.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
Master Chef

I do believe that dogs are a special companion that God has blessed us with. I wish all the people of the world could love like a dog loves.... unconditionally!
Old 05-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Nice. Thanks for the giggle.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
In light of the recent thread on our four legged friends. A little "knowledge" for your enjoyment.....

Where do pets come from?

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, "No problem! I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.

And it was a good animal.

And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, "No problem Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.

And they were comforted.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, "No problem! I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.

And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was happy.

And Cat didn't give a crap one way or the other.

babe
Old 05-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Funny stuff. I was waiting for, "And the Cat wondered when God would get around to creating dinner."
Old 05-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #8
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I love it! One thing I can always count on is, when I come home from work, as soon as I begin to turn the corner onto our road I see Cubbie (3 houses down) jump up and get all excited. And it doesn't matter if I have been gone 3 hours or 3 minutes--same response! The cat loves me, but his reaction is more like, "why weren't you here to let me in and feed me?"

Barbara
Old 05-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #9
Senior Cook

I think Jake the Bulldog is actually a cat in a dog's body.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaK View Post
I think Jake the Bulldog is actually a cat in a dog's body.
You've got your two kind of bulldogs......
You have your happy, jovial ones like Elmer here. The ones I describe as animated.

Then you've got your grumpy ones like Looper

I think he had some cat in him

Fortunately most of them are like Elmer