Where do the flies come from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
How can the bugs survive a cold night??? Whenever we have a nice day, a few flies, butterflies and bees buzz around. Then it gets to freezing overnight (well 34*-37*) and they manage to survive that.

Today it's in the 70s and the backyard has butterflies, bees and flies. Where do they keep warm? ...and how does that one fly get into my house? :rolleyes:

they Hide in little tiny cracks and holes, amost anywhere, doors that haven`t been opened for a while (sheds and stuff) windows that haven`t been opened for a while, hollow plant tubes that dried and broke (ladybugs love those), there are Everywhere! honestly!

they`ll even get inside uncovered Padlock key holes :)

As a kid I had a ant farm of sorts. The Harvester ants arrived in a plastic tube in the middle of winter..... dead to the world, but I followed the instructions and didn't throw them away and low and behold, they all came back to life after warming up. I think bugs can go in and out of a hibernation state (of sorts) to survive temp swings.

I want to know how they know just when I am going to open my screen door.:mad: The second I do, there is one just waiting to fly right in. ERRRRR!

Flies hide in all sort of places as well do ants. I live in an upstairs Condo and sometimes flies come in the front door downstairs and make their way into my condo.

Trying to get one is hard - the ants are much easier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom