Where do you eat meals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Just curious.

It's just the two of us, so most of our meals are at the breakfast bar that faces the kitchen. I have a small tv on the kitchen counter across the kitchen where we watch the evening news and Jeopardy every night. I wish I could get hubby to go on Jeopardy...he knows 95% of the answers!

Our dining table seems to only be used when we have company, although once in a great while, I'll set up the table with candles for the two of us. How about you?

Just curious.

It's just the two of us, so most of our meals are at the breakfast bar that faces the kitchen. I have a small tv on the kitchen counter across the kitchen where we watch the evening news and Jeopardy every night. I wish I could get hubby to go on Jeopardy...he knows 95% of the answers!

Our dining table seems to only be used when we have company, although once in a great while, I'll set up the table with candles for the two of us. How about you?

Pretty much exactly the same as you, except I know 99% of the answers! :angel:

I went up and tried out for Jeopardy once. It was fun! Unfortunately, Alex was out of state at the time. They said the average Jeopardy player tries out 5 times before getting on.

With such a small kitchen/dining area, it kind of came down to having either a table or the freezer. The table wasn't in great shape anyway, and I don't want to give up my freezer, so the table went. It is just James and me, so we eat in the living room.

When my daughter was growing up, and later when James's daughter lived with us for awhile, we always ate together at the table. I think that is really important family time.

:)Barbara

Last edited:
Supper is almost always at the dining table, which is in a dining area of the living room. Our kitchen is too small for a table :(

Other meals, mostly: me - on the couch in the living room, my DH - in his office

We usually eat at the kitchen table. We do that as often as I can. When it is just the kids eating they have a small table that my grandfather made when his son was born. It has been passed down to all his kids, all their kids, and now we my kids have started the third generation of kids to use it. They love sitting at that little table. It is just the right size for them.

We se trays if we are into a game or movie.
when family is here I sit with my babies.That is the best part Ma's
sunday
kades:)

No dinning room, just kitchen table, I eat there if I have company. The computer desk is in the living room, so I eat here.

But do you know the questions? :LOL:

heheheh pretty much, except for the explicit science or math questions. :LOL:

Most meals at Chez Julia are eaten in the kitchen on the big butcher block table. I love that table. I had it made back in 1975, when it was purchased to be counter space for my enormous kitchen that had no counters, and fit in an "alcove" of that room. :ermm:

Our table is just a flat space to acquire stuff, bread, water bottles...and on. Since it's just the 2 of us we eat in the living room in front of the TV.

I can eat and play on the computer at the same time.

Day in and Day out...In the breakfast room...Separate but adjoining the kitchen....

Holidays, Some birthdays, and other Gala events...In the Formal Dining room.
Also separate, but adjoining the kitchen...

BBQ's, Fish Fries, Shrimp/Crawfish/Crab boils, Oyster shuckings, etc etc....on the patio.

Cowboy/Chuck Wagon Cooking...In the (Pvt) "Park" behind the house.

Last edited:
Our table is just a flat space to acquire stuff, bread, water bottles...and on. Since it's just the 2 of us we eat in the living room in front of the TV.

I can eat and play on the computer at the same time.

No fair! You stole my answer! When the kids were little we still ate in the living room but had a coffee table that we sat at Japanese style since we didn't have space in the kitchen and no dining room.

We only have dinnette(sp?) in the house, that is set up in our 4 season porch/sun room, no formal dining room. So that is where we eat.

No fair! You stole my answer! When the kids were little we still ate in the living room but had a coffee table that we sat at Japanese style since we didn't have space in the kitchen and no dining room.

LOL! So, I'm not the only person with a nice flat space for holding stuff!

Back
Top Bottom