Where do you store your kitchen stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most of my kitchen stuff is jammed into my small kitchen. We put two Ikea shelving units in the kitchen to help. A bit of overflow is in the basement, as is the chest freezer.

Good Afternoon,

Good Question !

In Madrid Capital at the Loft: actually for a small yet quite modern duplex 2 bedrm rental, the kitchen has excellent cabinetry. The Vet had put up shelving, however, this is not for pots or pans ! They are to house the Ceramic Chefs ... and The Gastronomy, Wine & Travel Books ...

In Gargano, Puglia: The kitch is quite large, and thus, I also have quite good storage.

As we do not cook daily, as we live in the Mediterranean, where we have Tapas and Antipasti or Meze culture; and we work until 20.00 hrs. and thus, we eat alot later, we prefer to have a round of wines & a light bite to share. Our lunches are quite a bit bigger than a typical USA lunch, a sandwich for example. Here lunch is the MAIN meal, a 1st or starter and main entreè and then, café and fruit or dessert ...

Thanks for posting. Good question.
Margi.

I have a pantry that is full and smaller closet with shelves that housed a portable dish washer at one time. We call that one "The bad kid closet" since we joke with the kids about being locked in there. I also store entertaining dishes in another closet lined with shelves. I could still use more space!

I have a pantry that is full and smaller closet with shelves that housed a portable dish washer at one time. We call that one "The bad kid closet" since we joke with the kids about being locked in there. I also store entertaining dishes in another closet lined with shelves. I could still use more space!
I store my Christmas china (Spode) and my china in dish "holders" and those are in drawers under the window seat. I have to restrict how many sets of dishes I have (5) because my mom has 6 sets and I'll end up with a couple of those someday...I guess.

In the linen closet, in the basement, in the pantry even in the garage for the more seldom used items!

Last year, we did a major cleaning/decluttering. Bread machine, magic bullet, smoothie maker, and all the other junk DW thought was a necessity at one time is now gone. The only gadgets I have on the counter are the espresso machine and food processor. The only things we store that aren't in the kitchen are a couple of electric roasters and a chafing dish, and I keep those on a metal shelf in the basement.

Last year, we did a major cleaning/decluttering. Bread machine, magic bullet, smoothie maker, and all the other junk DW thought was a necessity at one time is now gone. The only gadgets I have on the counter are the espresso machine and food processor. The only things we store that aren't in the kitchen are a couple of electric roasters and a chafing dish, and I keep those on a metal shelf in the basement.
Steve--I gather you are out of the "he/she with the most toys wins" contest? $20,000 is the prize (or so I heard). I can't find the link right now...I'm in contention :LOL:, and I think Dawglover is right up there with me...

CWS4322 said:
Steve--I gather you are out of the "he/she with the most toys wins" contest? $20,000 is the prize (or so I heard). I can't find the link right now...I'm in contention :LOL:, and I think Dawglover is right up there with me...

I agree, CWS! Sorry to lose you, Steve!

CWS4322 said:
Can you find the link--I know I have to check off a few more boxes...but can't find the link....:yum:Gotta get closer to FrankZ!

:LOL: I think you have me beat by the number of freezers, CW!

We store a lot of large kitchen items in the garage, along with overflows from every other room in the house. Our 2 car garage is one big storage room.....no room for vehicles....lol.... It's been that way since we bought the house 20 years ago...lol....Everything got dumped in the garage.

CharlieD said:
Imagine I have two kitchens in one. What a pain, with double of everything. I need a bigger house.:(

Oh, that's right, Charlie, you keep a Kosher kitchen, doubles.

Last edited:
Yeah, excess kitchenware from the kitchen gets stored on shelves in my garage also.

And the garage is where my 3 freezers, and extra refrigerator live.

No, I'm definitely not a gadget guy when it comes to kitchen stuff (home entertainment is another story, though). I'm always trying to give things away. If you need extra stuff to help you win, let me know. I'll be happy to donate to the cause. :LOL:

Oh, that's right, Charlie, you keep a Kosher kitchen, doubles.
I'm threatening to put a 2nd kitchen in the basement...but I get so tired of running up and down the stairs...my dream house would be mostly kitchen...since that's where I seem to spend all of my time when I'm not with the chickens or at my desk....

I have a very small kitchen & no dining room. So small in fact that we got rid of our kitchen table. I have muffin pans, cake pans, some pots & pans hanging on the wall in the laundry room. Also installed some shelves high enough to walk under in the laundry room for my favorite frying pans. The laundry room is also home to a small cheap China cabinet / hutch. In our office there are a few book shelves with extra space where a pretty pitcher or mug might be used here & there for bookends. I have two large bookshelves in the kitchen, both on wheels, one in front of the other that I have appliances & odd cook/bakeware. I have to roll the front one out of the way when I want anything from the back shelf. Then ... my Dad lives next door. BAHAHAHAHA! His second back porch has been built into a room & houses any kitchen gadgets or cookware too large or seldom used until I need it. We need to just build us a new house so this mess can take over & the whole place will be a kitchen. Then maybe I could install a commercial walk in fridge & freezer.

My dream house is a kitchen with a bath attached...I guess a cubby for sleeping.

My wifes family in Maine have a small bathroom right off the dining room table which is full of people the entire time the famiy visits. After the 3rd or 4th time she interupted me while contemplating the meaning of life. I threatened to drive back to the by myself and fly home to CA by myself.
I could have sat in on a game of poker the bathroom is so close. NEVER DO I WANT A BATH OFF THE KITCHEN!

My wifes family in Maine have a small bathroom right off the dining room table which is full of people the entire time the famiy visits. After the 3rd or 4th time she interupted me while contemplating the meaning of life. I threatened to drive back to the by myself and fly home to CA by myself.
I could have sat in on a game of poker the bathroom is so close. NEVER DO I WANT A BATH OFF THE KITCHEN!

LOL! If I get the kitchen I want, you can bet I'd be getting the bathroom I want, too! Aside from those two rooms, the rest of the house is just...there.

Back
Top Bottom