Where for your Honeymoon or 2nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CWS: Thank you for your contribution

CWS, Buon Giorno, :)

When I had read your post at 6am this morning ( I go horse riding at sunrise ), I chuckled thinking, of the romantic comedy adorable film with Andi Mc Dowell, "Green Card" ...

Have a lovely wkend,
Ciao, Margi. :cool: ;)

CWS, Buon Giorno, :)

When I had read your post at 6am this morning ( I go horse riding at sunrise ), I chuckled thinking, of the romantic comedy adorable film with Andi Mc Dowell, "Green Card" ...

Have a lovely wkend,
Ciao, Margi. :cool: ;)
I loved him then, love him now. Look what he's done to try and fix little gimpy chick's leg! Just because I can't live with him 7x24, doesn't mean he's not a keeper! Might be me and my OCD!

Snap Queen, we only got married as an aid to keeping M in the country.That started a 4 year battle with the home office.I was told as a British Subject that I had no right to marry the woman I love and live together in the country I love.I thought bollocks to that Home Office bring it on.I was then quite a prom member of the Labour Party and still had a few renegade MP friends like Dr B Iddon(a prominent back bench anti iraq war firebrand) who help me to victory.We could not leave the UK for a honeymoon as our re-entry would be challenged.

Have a friend who just recently married a Bosnian gal. He was hoping to get all the paperwork straightened out before they married. He was running into roadblocks continually, the INS running on the thought that he was marrying her just so she could get into the country (the situation in many U.S. sitcoms and movies). At one point I just told him, hell, just marry her legally, then sort out the paperwork after, then have religious and/or social stuff later. I really thought his mom would kill me for saying that, but she just said, "Claire, my thoughts exactly!" That's what they did, and now the paperwork seems to be humming along just fine

My husband was in the army and proposed to me when we were both working at the Pentagon, living in Virginia. I'd told him I wouldn't be a camp follower, marriage had to be in the plans. He got an assignment to Hawaii. We were married on the beach at a military R&R place. For various reasons we decided on a secular marriage. Had a local JP allowed onto the base to marry us. He did a beautiful ceremony. Only our parents (flown over for the occasion) and two more couples present. MY parents had never had a honeymoon, so we took his parents home with us, and left a beach cabin for my parents to honeymoon in. After both sets of parents flew home, we caught a hop to Maui and honeymooned at the Sheraton there. It was so lovely. It was before it turned into "California, West"; there were actually still cattle ranches. But, really, the entire 3 years we spent on that assignment could easily qualify for honeymoon. My parents were thrilled that my wedding turned into their honeymoon.

We got married in August. We also moved to Virginia. Hubby had already been working there for 4 months so he had an apartment but we had to move all my stuff too! Ceremony on Sat., Packing on Sunday, left Monday morning from Ohio and drove to VA. Spent Tues. unloading the car and unpacking some stuff and repacking for honeymoon. Left Wed morning and drove to Lake George, NY. Spent a few days there then moved on to Buzzards Bay and Cape Cod before heading back home. It had been so hot in Ohio and VA. We got to Lake George and it was freezing. First thing we did was hit a t-shirt shop on the boardwalk and buy matching sweatshirts! We had those for a long time. Don't know where they are now, 30 years later.

We were hoping to take a trip this year for our 30th but looks like life is getting in the way again. Hoping we can at least get a weekend away sometime this summer.

Hey, Bill,

We are from Tupper Lake, N.Y. not far from Lake Placid. Now living in Florida. No skiing?
Hi Lyndalou,
I was very fond of the Adirondacks back in the 1950s and '60s; but like so many other things it is not what it used to be. The area around Paul Smith's College and near the old Rockefeller estate have become pretty built up.
I did not take up Alpine skiing until my visits to Cortina d'Ampezzo and Corvara in the Italian Dolomites during the late 1960s and early 1970s.
Stowe, VT and Mount Tremblant are the only places I've skied in North America.

Last edited:
My late husband and I were married with a big church wedding when we were both only 19 yrs old. His car had broken down the day before the wedding so we had to borrow my brother's car for the honeymoon. After the reception we headed out to the desert and found a seedy little roadside motel where we hung out for three days. Frankly, we were just looking for a bed to lie down in for the first time. :angel: We laughed about it for many years and we had a wonderful life until he died 42 years later.

My currant husband, Steve, planned our wedding and honeymoon. We were on a cruise from Venice to Istanbul, and a week into the trip we were married on the Greek island of Santorini, I guess the remainder of the trip was our honeymoon, although we returned to Europe a month later for a Christmas cruise of the Rhine river.

The honeymoons were so different, but each dear to my heart. :heart:

Buon Giorno Barbara L.,

Thank you for your entertaining anecdote ...

Charleston, S.C. is absolutely enchanting ... However, do not know Myrtle Beach.

Have a lovely wkend,
Ciao. Margaux.
Charleston is a great place to relax and soak in some history. Myrtle Beach is a typical American beach resort town. I love both of them. :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom