Where have you always wanted to go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'd like to see Jerusalem and Israel, but I'm not really willing to get my butt shot off to do it!

As much as you hear about violence in that part of the world, it is actually relatively safe to visit. I felt more safe in Israel then I do back in the US. I highly recommend you get over the fear and take a trip. You will not regret it. I have never been anywhere like Israel. It was the most amazing place that I have ever experienced. Everyone should go if they can. It can be life changing.

There is nowhere on this Earth that I do not want to visit. There used to be places that I did not think I wanted to go, until I learned more about them. India was the top of my list of places to avoid. Now it is at the top of my list to visit. If I could only pick one place though it would be Tahiti.

Last edited:
As much as you hear about violence in that part of the world, it is actually relatively safe to visit. I felt more safe in Israel then I do back in the US. I highly recommend you get over the fear and take a trip. You will not regret it. I have never been anywhere like Israel. It was the most amazing place that I have ever experienced. Everyone should go if they can. It can be life changing.

There is nowhere on this Earth that I do not want to visit. There used to be places that I did not think I wanted to go, until I learned more about them. India was the top of my list of places to avoid. Now it is at the top of my list to visit. If I could only pick one place though it would be Tahiti.

I TOTALLY agree. My family cannot understand why I want to go to Israel, Lebanon, Iran, etc. so badly but I am passionate about it. My husband and I are planning to see Israel, Jordan and Egypt on a 6-week independent trip and have absolutely no qualms about going. ;)

You will have an amazing time fricassee. Just use your best judgement as you would anywhere else and you will do just fine.

Grand Canyon is on the list.
Egypt is DEFINITELY on the list
I'd like to see Jerusalem and Israel, but I'm not really willing to get my butt shot off to do it!

I posted this a few weeks ago. TODAY Ken called and told me that we might be going to Egypt in April!!! Oh my Lord, I think I just freaked out the dog with my squeal of glee. Ken has to advertise this trip and if he sells 10-15 packages we are on our way!

That is AWESOME Alix!!! I hope he makes the sales.

Me too GB. I'm still sort of in shock. Excited as all get out but shocked that this dream could come true. Kate is going to do an exchange to Paris in the summer so our family is going to be doing a crapload of travelling!

I love an ocean, I love a beach. I would love to go somewhere where there is a house big enough for my family a kitchen I can cook and a private beach, all to our selves, nobody else. I know there are places like that, I don't know where there are or how to find them, and most of all I'm sure we will not be able to afford it, but I would love it.

Last edited:

I posted this a few weeks ago. TODAY Ken called and told me that we might be going to Egypt in April!!! Oh my Lord, I think I just freaked out the dog with my squeal of glee. Ken has to advertise this trip and if he sells 10-15 packages we are on our way!

Congratulations!!!!

I've always wanted to visit the northeast part of the U.S. Also the Great Lakes region. Would love to see the Florida Keys someday, too. There are so many great things to see in our country I'll probably never make it out of the borders. And that's...okay!;) Heck, there's so many neat places to see here in my area!

Places to visit

I'd love to see Ireland, especially County Cavan where my ancestors came from before moving to the United States.

I'd also love to see more of Italy. I've been to Rome (for two weeks) and Naples (for one week). I yearn to see all of Italy.

I've never been to New England and would like to see it before I die.

However, my finances and the hassle at the airport prevents these travel dreams from ever becoming true.

I've always wanted to visit the northeast part of the U.S. Also the Great Lakes region. Would love to see the Florida Keys someday, too. There are so many great things to see in our country I'll probably never make it out of the borders. And that's...okay!;) Heck, there's so many neat places to see here in my area!

AnnieDrews, if you ever go to the Great Lakes region, I can help you make plans for the WI, upper MI and Lake Superior and Lake Michigan areas. I'm not a travel agent, I just live here. My strengths would be to tell you all the one of a kind places, fresh water (15,000) lakes, ferries across MI, land formations left by the glacier, MI waterfalls, annual festivals in Bayfield, Milwaukee and fishboils and fish fries throughout the state, and cheese factories, and water parks and tourist attractions if you like that too.

I love an ocean, I love a beach. I would love to go somewhere where there is a house big enough for my family a kitchen I can cook and a private beach, all to our selves, nobody else. I know there are places like that, I don't know where there are or how to find them, and most of all I'm sure we will not be able to afford it, but I would love it.

CharlieD, when we went to Georgia, St Simons Island and Jekyll Island, there were places (homes, rental cottages) to rent, we were there over Christmas week-off season. You might find some that are reasonable to afford. Off season runs until April or May. The beaches were wonderful, almost no one else there, beautiful.
Also, maybe look at time-share condos available by the week in locations you are interested in (look at owners renting out, and condo managers looking to sell, call realtors in the area--get on their mailing lists or email lists). <$100 per night with all the amenities for a week.

If I could only pick one place though it would be Tahiti.
GB, Tahiti was always first on my list too. In fact when I was raising my sons, and they'd get on my nerves, I'd always say "if you two don't shape up, "I'm running away to Tahiti". Fast forward to four years ago when I met Steve, who is now my husband. He had been all over the world and asked me where in the world was at the top of my list. I said, that's easy....Tahiti.
His response was, pack your bags. OMG.......what would my grown sons think? I hardly knew this man, and they hadn't even met him! I went to the post office to get the first passport in my life, and needed my older son's address for my next of kin. Not knowing his exact address off hand, I called and asked him for it. "Why are you getting a passport Mom?" You guessed it, my answer was "because I'm running away to Tahiti".
The islands of Tahiti are absolutely magical GB. I wish with all my heart you will be able to visit one day. The Paul Gauguin cruise ship is the ideal way to see them.

In the last four years we have visited over 30 countries, but Tahiti is first in my heart.

Back
Top Bottom