Where Have You Been And Sang … ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think America the Beautiful should be our national anthem. The Star Spangled Banner is about war.

I particularly like “Confirm thy soul in self control, thy liberty in law.” Particularly resonating in these times.
In these times, JJ, I think it would have a tough time getting anthem status with the whole "America, God shed His grace on thee" line. ;) After all, no one sings the fourth stanza of The Star Spangled Banner.

The Star Spangled Banner is about withstanding an attack from your enemy and surviving. It's about bravely defending what you believe in. And it's about hope that we all can come together in freedom and unity and cooperation. I think the nation is still working on the second and third goals...

In these times, JJ, I think it would have a tough time getting anthem status with the whole "America, God shed His grace on thee" line. ;) After all, no one sings the fourth stanza of The Star Spangled Banner.

The Star Spangled Banner is about withstanding an attack from your enemy and surviving. It's about bravely defending what you believe in. And it's about hope that we all can come together in freedom and unity and cooperation. I think the nation is still working on the second and third goals...

People know the first few words, and the last few words. People stand, and wait patiently for the song to be over, then cheer -- and it's time to watch some sports.

IMO, the absolute best performance of the National Anthem was by Marvin Gaye in the 1983 NBA All-Star Game. It was controversial, but people stopped whatever they were doing, and listened. People paid attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvVzaQ6i8A

I am not a big flag waver, and I don't believe in gods -- but I won the birth lottery when I was born in the USA, and I love to sing Christmas carols, and listen to seriously good Black-Gospel music.

I dont believe in nationalism, it never lead anything good. I do like Sweden, happy been born here too, as woman it is a very good country.

I did sing this morning, my daughter had her porridge and I started to sing about a Worker who dies and his life is meaningless, and it starts with I ate my porridge.

I also sang a bit about the Girls from Småland ( the place I am right now), met a man who was singing on Sverige Sverige fosterland , because he was practicing for the election and on my way with him, we sang Kungssången, about Sweden get again and then we sang a song about equality, freedom for all and then we headed our different ways.

Here is the real question... Who here plays air guitar? :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

I like to sometimes sing along with my favorite songs, and have been known to play air guitar... or air drums. Of course, not in public.

It is kind of like singing in the shower, IMO. Playing a killer guitar or drum solo with nothing but air is a fun way to unwind.

C'mon, admit it. :D

CD
I have Phil Collins, In The Air Tonight, down pat! Air percussion is something I can do!

Well, not one place in particular, but any time that any version of
Take Me Home, Country Roads comes on, be it John Denver or Brother Israel Kamakawiwoole ... I change it up from
"... take me home to the place I belong West Virginia..."
or in Braddah Iz's case, "... West Makaha..."
Mine is "... to da place I belongggggg Kane-ohe, Mount Koolau ..."
:LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpJ879JiXCk

I sang "Blue Skies" on the steps of the Cliffs of Moher with my chorus group as we toured Ireland this past summer. The skies were a brilliant blue that day without clouds. It quite often is gray and misty there but we got a beautiful warm, sunny day to see this amazing place.

In the 1970s a friend and I were driving down through France on the Route Nationale. We decided it was time for food so we pulled of to Evreux in Normandie - just a few minutes off the main road. Found a nice little charcuterie and bought our goodies and set of back to the RN. Took us nearly an hour to get back to the main road. Every sign post got us more and more confused, including coming up to a fence, the other side of which was the road w needed but no way of getting to it.

We eventually sorted ourselves out with the help of a policeman who flagged us down the 5th time we passed him. When we were back on the RN we turned on the radio. The song which came blasting out was Bonnie Tyler's "Lost in France". Well - we just HAD to join in!

Windows open, 60 miles an hour, two mad English women in an ancient VW Beetle, singing along to the radio at the tops of our voices.

As I was driving back from some errands in town early today,
I had Sirius-XM playing the 70's channel and I was, of course,
singing along (REALLY LOUD!! :LOL:) ...
When I would sing along with my sister, she sang lead
and I was backup.... I still sing backup, mostly :stuart:

SO,
Question: do you sing lead or backup?

SO, Question: do you sing lead or backup?

Both... and sometimes I play air guitar and drums on the same song, going back and forth. No Rules! :LOL:

CD

SO,
Question: do you sing lead or backup?

All the time, especially with R&B, Gospel/Soul, and Pink Floyd.

I'm confused about this topic. What song do I sing if I am drowning or being eaten by a lion? No song comes to mind.
The Beatles’ Help might be a good one to start with! But I think the original post was asking about geographical location more than situations.

Today. Growing up in my father's home, you learn the words to all the Italian operas. So today on "GBH, I have been singing along with the Italian version of the "The Three Tenors["/I].

I took lessons as a kid for guitar. Hated it. Loved learning the piano instead. So the first few chords I learned, I will often play an air guitar when I hear a song I like.

And when in church, it depends on who I am sitting next to. I will softly harmonize with them when hymn time arrives. Growing up I always sang in the choir. Because I can harmonize easily, I was asked by the director in my last year if I would work with the altos and teach them how NOT to go to the melody when singing. It took me about three weeks and by the time I was through with them, they thought the melody was the alto part. The director asked me my secret. Easy. When playing on the piano, I only played the alto notes as if that was the song. It was the only tune they ever heard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom