Where have you lived the longest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have lived in escondido for 45 years. longest i was away was six years and it still was calif.

for 23 of those years lived in the same house. tried couple times to go to tenn. and live near my sis. just love so. calif. to much

I was born in Livingston, NJ. Lived there for 13 years. Moved to Hudson, FL and stayed for 13 years until I left to manage a horse farm in Odessa, FL. I did that fo 4 years. I lived on the farm where I worked. Then I moved back to Hudson, FL., same address and stayed for 4 or 5 years. Got married in 1994 and moved into DH house in St. Petersburg, FL. Stayed there for 6 years and moved back to Hudson, FL to get away from the concrete. This time we bought a house in a subdivision and stayed there for 4 years. We didn't like living under the Deed Restrictions and my mom needed help so we moved her little 2 bedroom mobile home off her 5 acres and moved in a 5 bedroom manufactured home and we have been living here since (5 years). We will remain here until my mom passes away and than we want to get the heck out of FL. We hate it here. It's just an awful place to live.

Here in this house in Cicero, been here since 99. Growing up we moved around a lot:
Cedar Rapids, Fort Dodge, Storm Lake, Whapeton, Fostoria, Milford, Millers Bay, then an acreage out by Lake Park but still in the Milford school district.
Then went to College in Iowa City, then moved to Hoffman Estates IL, then Palatine IL, then Des Plaines IL, then Evanston IL, then finally settled here.

Born Wash, DC less than one year
My mom tells me I lived in NH, again less than a year
France (three residences) three years (outside of Paris)
The bay area, California, three years (two residences)
Outside of Reno, NV, three years
Ramstein, Germany, one year
Wiesbaden, Germany, two years
Utah, three years
Back to California, two years
Mississippi, a year
North Dakota, three years
Arlington, VA, six years
Hawaii, three years
Southern VA, three years
Hawaii, three years
Alexandria, VA, one year
Florida, six years
And here we are. 7+ years.

Born in Ohio, 4 years in Indiana as a child and then back to Ohio Cleveland area until college. One year in Bowling Green (BGSU) then 3 years in Akron. Back to Cleveland for 2 years. 1982 married and moved to Newport News VA. Bought a house and lived there for 15 years. Bought a bigger house now for 8 years. No plans to leave Newport News anytime soon. Thought last year we might move to Germany but the job fell through so we're still here. I guess I'd say this town is home since I have lived my entire adult married life here, my kids were both born here. I just realized I've spent half my life in this town! We have so many contacts here now to move would make it difficult unless we had to for jobs. We still would like to take a Germany job (Civil service jobs are 3 years). That would be so cool but so far they don't require people with DH's expertise!

Wow!! All these Jersey people and Jersey exports. Cool!

The place that I have lived the longest:

New Jersey since 1963
1963 - 1966 McGuire Air Force Base
1966 - 1967 Phoenix Arizona
1967 - 1972 Dover NJ
1972 - 1981 Vernon NJ
1981 - 2008 Haledon NJ

Chicago area - 21 years
Long Beach, CA - 6 mos
Huntington Beach, CA - 2 years
Playa del Rey, CA - 1 year
Dallas, Tx - 2-1/2 years
Las Vegas, NV - 2-1/2 years
Chicago area again - now and until the end.........

California resident since 1965

:chef: The city of San Leandro, California was my home for 24 years. :chef:

Hmmm the name is not familiar --- There was a guy ---McMurtry or something like that --- We called him Mac --- He was always writtin at night around the fire -- If he wan't ridin herd ---Think he was from around Wichita Falls area.....

You have got to be kidding - That's Larry Mcmurtry author of Lonesome Dove plus many others. One of my all time favorite books!! Also a great mini series. Do tell us more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom