Where the Deer and the Antelope Play...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We have a large boulder in our yard that SO plants flowers in every year, usually impatiens. It looks like the first photo. As the end of her gardening year is rapidly approaching, the flowers were a little thinner than in the in the first photo.

This morning SO got up and had a cup of coffee and told me she was going out for her "morning rounds". Then I head a sound of dismay and went out to see the rock as it appears in the second photo.

Closer inspection revealed some deer paw prints around the base of the rock. SO will never be able to watch Bambi again and feel sympathy for the deer.

Attachments

• JUgWmsHeSr6G9YzI5kUTlw_thumb_58d7.jpg
    JUgWmsHeSr6G9YzI5kUTlw_thumb_58d7.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 162
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7380.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7380.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 152
Good pictures. It does look lovely on that large boulder.

Some thing is eating beans in the garden. We have 12 traps and catch chipmunks and mice out there. The rabbits are gone for now. Whatever is eating them slept in the beans, flattening out a section, the size of a mole or vole.

Oh the first picture is just beautiful! Maybe it was rabbits Andy. You both need to watch Peter Rabbit on Netflix (good flick btw). Yep, I know it was them.

Kayelle, I saw deer tracks around the rock. We've had rabbits around all year and they never touched the rock.

I suggest venison stew this winter...:brows: :D

I’ve dusted off my loincloth and sharpened my hunting knife. I will lurk in the garden overnight with the knife clenched in my teeth. When the deer appears I will spring into action, wrestle it to the ground and dispatch it.

How’s that for a mental image.

I’ve dusted off my loincloth and sharpened my hunting knife. I will lurk in the garden overnight with the knife clenched in my teeth. When the deer appears I will spring into action, wrestle it to the ground and dispatch it.

So...your plan is to give the deer heart failure? ;)

I hope Bambi has a sense of humor... ;)
Ross

What a beautiful rock and flower display, Andy. How disappointing to see it there one day and gone the next! :(

Lol, CG and dragn.

Andy, I hear ya about the deer problem. They're even eating the tender new shoots of pine needles this year.

And this little bugger has eaten the buds off of almost every flower we've put outside:

Attachments

• 0911181006.jpg
    0911181006.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 134
I've seen those. Slinkys work better.

Although, burd feeders here are known as disposable bear feeders if they're not 15' off the ground, which makes them difficult to refill.

Given that the deer and his/her ancestors where there long before the first house was built, the deer probably think that you are very kind to plant such tasty morsels for him/her delectation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom