Where to find pseudo-hippie wedding maid of honor gear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i maid of honor. she's into hippie. & her wedding is hers. where to get hippie wedding garb? thanks!!!!!

luvs, I'm sorry can you do that in complete sentences? You lost me. I think you want "hippie" style clothes for a wedding? But you said something about "hers" does that mean she is picky? If so, better let her pick it.

find a shop that sells imported clothing; they could be a second-hand cd/record shop, a mall shop, health food store. Maybe where they also sell incense... One can find "peasant" syle blouses, or dresses, stuff with flowy sleeves.

sorry you didn't get it alix. she's a hippie, she wants a hippie wedding. i need hippie garb.

wyogirl, thanks!!! we have a shop like that that is closing now, too sad. found a local joint i bought nag champa incense from before!

If your friend is thinking hippy (like Jenny on Forest Gump) then a broom skirt and peasant blouse with a leather headband would work. You can find broom skirts on Ebay. If she's thinking hippy (like Cher in Mask) then you just have to beat up and fray the bottoms of some old jeans, make a halter top out of a scarf :LOL:), and go barefoot. Your friend sounds pretty neat. She obviously marches to the beat of a different drum. PS--Watch the brownies at the wedding! :ROFLMAO:

luvs, what I don't get is the bit about does that mean she is a control freak? If so, you might want to let her pick stuff.

she's not a control freak.
...although she suggested a website already.
like i said, it's her day; i figure the days you get married or give birth, you get to make decisions, cause that's your special day!

she's not a control freak.
...although she suggested a website already.
like i said, it's her day; i figure the days you get married or give birth, you get to make decisions, cause that's your special day!
Hopefully not on the same day.

showimage.php

found the above. thanks, kleenex!!!!!

glad you guys like it! i'll post, the wedding is pretty soon. i haven't been a bridesmaid before, i love it!

I LOVE YA' ALICE B. TOKLAS!!!!

koo koo ka choo!

I would also suggest making two trips through the salad bar line for the mescaline and baby greens. :wacko:

i 'm shying further & further away from the wedding food!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

those mescaline greens can be fed to other guests as i'm gonna pass on those!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom