Where y'at New Year's Eve??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure, we have a new years eve celebration in our town, which I've never been to, but I'm not much into freezing my bum off. Probably just watch the ball drop in NY( on tv of course) and party, probably talk with my sister in CT because our neice is going to be proposed marriage at midnight. Not sure if I'll make any special food items or not. Oh and we'll talk with our family from the UK at midnight their time which is 7pm eastern time, and by then my husband will be all bummed out because he's not with family.

I will be at home and probably alseep by the time midnight rolls around. Just another day and night here.

We will stay home. Normally James shoots off a few fireworks (they are legal in our state and we live in the country), but we can't afford them this year. James will be leaving the next day for his last week of evaluations in Columbia, so it will be our last night together for a week. We will probably watch TV or movies on DVD. We will have our New Year's kiss, and we will say a special prayer for middie and Marge and all our other friends and family.

:) Barbara
3.gif
7.gif
4.gif
9.gif

Thank you Barbara..you are a beautiful person.
May 2007 be a wonderful New Year for you two.
Marge

You're welcome and thank you Marge. We really do keep our DC family in our prayers, as you are all very important to us. We have been saying extra ones for you and middie, as you have both been through so much this year.

We have been blessed very much by our relationship with our DC family. :cool:

:) Barbara

PA Baker said:
Bucky, the invite stands if you want to come drop something off my roof at 12!;)

lol pab, i was thinking of you this morning when i heard a report on the radio about the ball in times square.

that, and strange butter sculptures... :)

i am gonna take you up on that one year, when our kids are older and they can have fun chuckin' stuff off the roof as well.

as far as this year goes, i'm woikin'.

what'dya expect. we are either going to go out to dinner, or i might pick up some lobsters and steaks and we'll pah-tee at home.

verablue, check out the botany pathmark in clifton. lobsters are $5.99/lb., and angus london broil or rib roasts are $4.99/lb this week.

licia, i was surprised too. it was a huge after-christmas sale on the rib roasts. the london broil were on sale too, being angus beef.

i guess this one store didn't seel that many of them, since it's in a slightly economically depressed area, as well as a large center of immigrant population. i guess they don't like to drop $60 on a single bone-in roast.

check out the botany pathmark in clifton. lobsters are $5.99/lb., and angus london broil or rib roasts are $4.99/lb this week.

Wow, BT....I be cooking and freezing lobsters for a week. Then I'd wear myself out super-saving all the meat I could afford.

buckytom said:
i am gonna take you up on that one year, when our kids are older and they can have fun chuckin' stuff off the roof as well.

You better! We just heard that it's going to be even more exciting around here this year! A boyscout in the town where we live is getting his Eagle Scout ranking by building a large papermache wrench and dropping it in our downtown!:LOL: Wanna come this year?!?

it's a deal if they drop the boy scout as well. :)

hey, he is an eagle scout.

(let the butt-kissing little bastid figure it out. sorry, i'm still holding a grudge. have been since i was 11. i wasn't chosen for the order of the arrow...:mad: )

yes, bad jokes. too early, need tea. brb.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom