Whew......finally things have wound down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Well finally after 4 days of family in for the holiday and some serious cooking and cleaning up everyday...too numerous of times, my brother and his partner have left for home......I'm going to miss them so much as we truely had a wonderful time.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I myself had the most wonderful one......minus the poor Turkey that didn't turn out at all planned....will never open roast a turkey again I'll stick to the way my mother always did it and use her roaster, as her turkey always turned out beautifully and was so good. But thats a whole other story.
I have a lot of reading to catch up on I see. Again its good to be back......today is a day to be lazy and watch cooking shows and order out....a time to recoup.

I think I cleaned the house 8 times in the last 5 days! Put out Thanksgiving, take away Thanksgiving. Put Christmas outside, clean the inside. Put christmas inside, clean the inside again. Laundry laundry laundry. I had to market on FRiday because there was nothing in the house but old thanksgiving dinner. And then, there was all that drinking to do:turned:! And all that eating to do:pig:!

I haven't been to work since Tuesday. I need a few more days!:ohmy:

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my boys, inlaws, granddaughter and darling DIL. Everyone was worried about making my stay super but it wasn't necessary because my greatest joy is just spending time with them. :)

PS: I tried to clean up after myself and everyone else, as much as my son and Dil would let me. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom