"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #101
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
he's taken shots at a lot of people, from emeril, to ray, to zimmern.
oddly enough, his show has gotten better recently, including more eating, some cooking, and his wife. not as much cursing and drinking. ok, well, a little less cursing.

Actually, I saw more drinking on the current season - at least in some of the episodes. The Boston episode was more of a bar hop than a food show.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #102
Chef Extraordinaire

yeah, boston was his worst episode, imo.

but there's been a few recent episodes that were very good. I still would like some more of his old edge when he didn't like something.

on another note, i've completely changed my opinion of gordon ramsay by watching shows like "the f word" and "kitchen nightmares" on bbc america.
i think the way he was exposed to the american viewing audience put him in a really bad light with all of the yelling and bullying on "hell's kitchen".
he seems to be a decent, intelligent, confident, albeit forceful-to-a-fault type of person.

one of the few tv celebrities i'd actually like to meet.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #103
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
on another note, i've completely changed my opinion of gordon ramsay by watching shows like "the f word" and "kitchen nightmares" on bbc america.
i think the way he was exposed to the american viewing audience put him in a really bad light with all of the yelling and bullying on "hell's kitchen".
he seems to be a decent, intelligent, confident, albeit forceful-to-a-fault type of person.
I always knew of him from the BBC shows before Hell's Kitchen and the US version of Kitchen Nightmares. He is very different in his UK shows..still loud but not as... over-the-top.. as he is in the US shows. I think in the US shows he pushes it more because people seem to like that in US reality TV.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #104
Senior Cook

I really dislike Rachel Ray and Diada DeLorentis(sp?) I dont think they bring anything exciting to the world of food and I find them extremely annoying.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #105
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
yeah, boston was his worst episode, imo.

but there's been a few recent episodes that were very good. I still would like some more of his old edge when he didn't like something.

one of the few tv celebrities i'd actually like to meet.
I too really enjoyed his BBC shows, haven't watched many of his US shows, I hate how they are edited for maximum drama, and how he has to be so over the top. On the BBC shows he is still a force to be reckoned with, but he also has a big heart, and truly enjoys helping people.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #106
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
it is not the sweetness that puts me off the neelys, it is the sex play they carry on all the time. not the place for that stuff.
Thank you!!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #107
Assistant Cook

Can anyone say Giada DiLaurentiis???? If you want fake, she could teach a course on it! May be a better gig than actually cooking. I mean, how many ways can you make "piennne" pasta???
Old 09-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #108
Senior Cook

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykitchenmyheart View Post
Thank you!!
I second that THANK YOU!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #109
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykitchenmyheart View Post
Can anyone say Giada DiLaurentiis???? If you want fake, she could teach a course on it! May be a better gig than actually cooking. I mean, how many ways can you make "piennne" pasta???
Again, you hit the nail on the head. Plastic, show, plastic hostess, what more can I say. Not worth my time.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #110
Assistant Cook

Here's another one... Lisa Lillien from Hungry Girl. Actually it's not really her I don't like. I think she's actually kind of sweet. It's just that in her show, although she gives some good tips in it, she also uses all kinds of things I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Things like canned tomato soup or cheese wedges. There is a reason why something "low fat" like that IS low fat! You can't have something truly low fat taste like it isn't unless you add copious amounts of salt, MSG, sugar, etc. to make them taste good. You may save a few calories while eating a meal made with that stuff, but in the long run, I think it's actually detrimental for your health. I truly think that the key to staying trim and in shape is using fresh, minimally processed or not processed at all, organic or natural ingredients in your cooking, portion control and exercise... Now if I would only follow my own advice!!

Tags
chef