Which celebrity chef do you dislike?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard my dad talk about some of the shows from these people but haven't really seen them. The hubby and I haven't had cable, or often even a TV, for the entire 11 1/2 years we've been together. Not that we don't get our technology and media fix in other ways. We each have our own computer, we have a laptop that gets used for travel and school, we both have "smart" phones and we're talking about possibly getting a Mac book so I can try writing iPhone apps, although I also want to look at writing android apps. We both have large flat screen monitors so we're fine watching our dvd's on the computer. And there are some TV shows that we watch online (Young Justice!). We've just never really had a need or much of a desire for cable. Although we might get a TV again after we move if we decide to get a Wii or Kinect. I find the idea of getting exercise while playing video games rather appealing. But yeah, now that I just shot way off tangent, the only person mentioned in the lists that I'm at all familiar with is Martha Stewart. I'm not really fan. Well, except in her cameo appearance in one of the online comics I read where she had a show in the demon realm and was teaching demons how to turn their friends into floral arrangements. "Now lets stick some posies in here..." Sorry, my brain is all over the place today.

I don't care for many of the male celebrity chefs. They often come off as very full of themselves (although the female judges on some shows also come off that way.) I'm not fond of Mario but I think a lot of that is because I can't relate to his cooking. The Deen Brothers don't offend me but I struggle to see any real cooking coming from them. Having said that the simple stuff they do surely has it's place. As for Bobby Flay, I have seen him being likeable but most times I find him full of himself. I love Alton Brown but I suspect that he too can be full of himself at times although he hides it very well. I love when I learn something from these guys no matter what I think of them otherwise.

pacanis said:
Maybe the question should be rephrased.
Which programs hosted by which celebrity chef/cook won't you watch?

:LOL:

Kind and diplomatic. I would agree.

I do understand the issue. I am not partial to RR, PD, SL, TNs, and even G d'L gets on my nerves now with her rectangular smile and her increasingly intrusive family.

I do like Ina (I've called her the Valium chef for years...so laid back), I still like Tyler and Mario and am partial to Chuck on cooking channel. Ann Burrell is a real chef but the show is a bit loud. Alex Guarnaschelli is ok.

But it's "entertainment" not instructional TV. Culinary instruction is by technique not by recipe. Hmmm, the saute channel ;)

Last edited:
Sandra Lee is all kinds of wrong. Don't get me started.

The Neelys need to get a room not a cooking show.

Robin Miller should take a Valium.

Paula totally rubs me the wrong way and so unhealthy.

I like everybody mentioned so far! The only one that bugs me is the show Bitchin Kitchen. The show has way too many sexual inuendo's to be family freindly for young kids. I also find it unappetizing.

Racheal Ray needs to take some time off. I used to enjoy her more but they crammed her down our throat with too many shows.

I watch Cooking channel more than Food Network now. I really like Luke's Vietnam,Chucks Day off and Rodger mookings show. There are some others too.
I like Extra Virgin show alot too.

I pretty much dislike everyone on the Foodnetwork except Alton Brown, hes pretty great. Other than that, most of the other celeb chefs I actually like

the neelys bug the crap out of me. it's not cute, it's disturbing.

and i wanna grab joe bastianich by his little bald head and give him a nuggie the next time he tries to intimidate a contestant on master chef.

Fanny and Jonny Cradock, but I have to admit no one could make donuts taste like fannies.

Oh, I'd forgotten about Robert Irvine's continual crisis concept of cooking. STAWWWWWWWPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

ummm, is there a reason why Melissa D' whose concept is $10 to feed a family reunion has the fanciest most $$$$$$$$$$$ kitchen set??

...ummm, is there a reason why Melissa D' whose concept is $10 to feed a family reunion has the fanciest most $$$$$$$$$$$ kitchen set??

With all her money going for payments on that kitchen, all she has left is $10 a day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom