Which celebrity chef do you dislike?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
he's taken shots at a lot of people, from emeril, to ray, to zimmern.
oddly enough, his show has gotten better recently, including more eating, some cooking, and his wife. not as much cursing and drinking. ok, well, a little less cursing.

Actually, I saw more drinking on the current season - at least in some of the episodes. The Boston episode was more of a bar hop than a food show.

yeah, boston was his worst episode, imo.

but there's been a few recent episodes that were very good. I still would like some more of his old edge when he didn't like something.

on another note, i've completely changed my opinion of gordon ramsay by watching shows like "the f word" and "kitchen nightmares" on bbc america.
i think the way he was exposed to the american viewing audience put him in a really bad light with all of the yelling and bullying on "hell's kitchen".
he seems to be a decent, intelligent, confident, albeit forceful-to-a-fault type of person.

one of the few tv celebrities i'd actually like to meet.

on another note, i've completely changed my opinion of gordon ramsay by watching shows like "the f word" and "kitchen nightmares" on bbc america.
i think the way he was exposed to the american viewing audience put him in a really bad light with all of the yelling and bullying on "hell's kitchen".
he seems to be a decent, intelligent, confident, albeit forceful-to-a-fault type of person.

I always knew of him from the BBC shows before Hell's Kitchen and the US version of Kitchen Nightmares. He is very different in his UK shows..still loud but not as... over-the-top.. as he is in the US shows. I think in the US shows he pushes it more because people seem to like that in US reality TV.

I really dislike Rachel Ray and Diada DeLorentis(sp?) I dont think they bring anything exciting to the world of food and I find them extremely annoying.

buckytom said:
yeah, boston was his worst episode, imo.

but there's been a few recent episodes that were very good. I still would like some more of his old edge when he didn't like something.

one of the few tv celebrities i'd actually like to meet.

I too really enjoyed his BBC shows, haven't watched many of his US shows, I hate how they are edited for maximum drama, and how he has to be so over the top. On the BBC shows he is still a force to be reckoned with, but he also has a big heart, and truly enjoys helping people.

Can anyone say Giada DiLaurentiis???? If you want fake, she could teach a course on it! May be a better gig than actually cooking. I mean, how many ways can you make "piennne" pasta???:wacko:

Here's another one... Lisa Lillien from Hungry Girl. Actually it's not really her I don't like. I think she's actually kind of sweet. It's just that in her show, although she gives some good tips in it, she also uses all kinds of things I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Things like canned tomato soup or cheese wedges. There is a reason why something "low fat" like that IS low fat! You can't have something truly low fat taste like it isn't unless you add copious amounts of salt, MSG, sugar, etc. to make them taste good. You may save a few calories while eating a meal made with that stuff, but in the long run, I think it's actually detrimental for your health. I truly think that the key to staying trim and in shape is using fresh, minimally processed or not processed at all, organic or natural ingredients in your cooking, portion control and exercise... Now if I would only follow my own advice!!:ermm::LOL:

Can anyone say Giada DiLaurentiis???? If you want fake, she could teach a course on it! May be a better gig than actually cooking. I mean, how many ways can you make "piennne" pasta???:wacko:

I do not believe they are she is fake, but one thing I don't like is she always uses turkey Italian sausage. I bought turkey Italian sausage one time, and never again. I broil my sausages in the oven. Within 5 minutes, my whole house smelled like Thanksgiving! If it's Italian sausage, it's made with PORK!

Has anyone else noticed that, every time she returns from a commercial break, another button has become unfastened. I'm not complaining mind you, just pointing it out.

And I believe you are ALL nice and informative, and I have learned a lot from all of you and this forum. Lets kiss and make up and move on. I enjoy all of you too much to see and hurt feeling continue. So continue to teach me, and share your good information as you have been. Thanks

First two names, Rachel and Giada; and it's not so much dislike as being extremely tired of seeing them. I know - that's what the remote is for, and I've just about worn my remote out trying to find some good cooking show I haven't seen. Won't mention the Neeleys because of the "if you can't say something nice" rule. I just can't stand Emeril's "bam." (The mute button on my remote is worn down partly because of the bam thing.)

Hope I haven't overlooked a thread for "really, really tired of these people." Maybe if I watch them more, I can develop an actual dislike.

The problem I have is when watching " The Next Food Network Star", here are these judges telling the contestants to be themselves, give personal stories and backgrounds, and take risks. But then when the contestants do this, they get reprimanded and penalized for doing so. What we end up with, is a channel of "Foodie Clones" all acting the same way, saying the same things, giving the same stories..... Sure there are a few that stand out, and have a unique personality of their own. But, I wish they would concentrate more on cooking and technique rather than trying to "celebritize" ( if such a word exists) and 'Brand' everyone and every show just so they can sell a bunch of crap. Obviously from a promotion point of view, they seem to know what they are doing, given the popularity of the shows, channel and merchandise. But what I really miss is the good old days when Jacques Pepin, Julia Child, Jeff Smith, Justin Wilson ( to name a few) just came on for 1/2 hour to cook and teach.

Larry

the show "chopped" annoys me at times. i can see having a bunch of unknown ingredients, but there's always one ingredient that's so bizarre no one would ever try to use it in a dish with the other ingredients. for the most part, the chefs just try to stick it into their dish somehow by disguising or covering it up with other pantry ingredients just to get it in there. why bother?

the show "chopped" annoys me at times. i can see having a bunch of unknown ingredients, but there's always one ingredient that's so bizarre no one would ever try to use it in a dish with the other ingredients. for the most part, the chefs just try to stick it into their dish somehow by disguising or covering it up with other pantry ingredients just to get it in there. why bother?

I agree. I these humiliation shows, I won't watch any kind.

I can't believe so many dislike Paula. What's she done to y'all??!
She's even given you new and creative ways to use buh'ta'...lol.

Y'all know y'all wrong...

I can't believe so many dislike Paula. What's she done to y'all??!
She's even given you new and creative ways to use buh'ta'...lol.

Y'all know y'all wrong...

Nikki, honey, you're not alone I like her too. :chef:
Apparently some people here cannot take into your face, tell it like it is personalities. ;)

How can I say this without getting booed off DC. Well here it goes... The Chef that I like the least on television would have to be Mr. Bobby Flay...Before I get slammed, this is how I see it. First I want to say he is a Chef by all rights and his shows are for entertainment purposes...I get that.

How he became an Iron Chef is beyond me. He basically takes his tex-mex blends of chilies, avocados and limes and tries to blend it into any Mystery Box/Suprise ingredient they are given. His cooking really of Mexican or Central American dishes are way off from actual recipes. Rick Bayless does authentic Mexican/Central American Cuisine.

On his cooking show "Throw Down" he selects someone who is basically known for one dish and does that dish very well. Probably a recipe that has been passed down through their family for generations.

Bobby decides he is going up against them in a throw down and then has his research and development Chefs work on a dish. Where the competitor creates his or her dish from what ever they get from the local vendor or grocery store and Bobby has his team scour the markets near and far. Once they have worked on it for a while he shows up with tested recipes that have been worked on by several Chefs using the finest equipment. I guess what I am saying Bobby has his crowd and is entertaining, but as Chef its hard to take what he does seriously. I don't want to take away the fact that he has supertsar status, owns several restaurants, has written several books and hosts or makes guests appearances on all types of shows. Thats what a great PR Firm can do for you... stepping off my soapbox for now. Thank you very much for your time.

Back
Top Bottom