Which celebrity chef do you dislike?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For not liking these people, you seem to know slot about them all. I don't watch a lot of tv, but I have tried recipes from several of the stars here, and the food seems good.

I have learned from most of them. And they all make a heckuva lot more money than I do, so they must be doing something right!

And it really bugs me when Paula Dean kisses on the guys from her audience, on the mouth at that and in front of their wife if they are married. I wonder what her husband thinks about the whole thing.

i watch the network on sat. after a long time of not watching it at all. i hadn't missed anything. cupcake contests, next network star. same old, same old. i won't be watching again. to bad, i used to have it on all day. i am forced to watch cnn. lol

Icec said:
Always, always paula deen. I can't imagine eating anything she makes.

I have her first 2 cookbooks, from the lady and son's. There are lots of good, down home tried and true recipes in there.

Most of the new stuff is just hype, and I doubt that she has written most of the recipes that she performs. She is more a charactor now, than a cook.

I still kinda like her, but prefer her old shows to anything she has on now, they are just too gimmicky.

babetoo said:
i watch the network on sat. after a long time of not watching it at all. i hadn't missed anything. cupcake contests, next network star. same old, same old. i won't be watching again. to bad, i used to have it on all day. i am forced to watch cnn. lol

Used to be my favorite channel. For about a year before I ditched cable, I found that I rarely watched it.

I really miss the old food network, if it was still good, I would probably still be paying for cable.

At least you'll end up well informed.

I kind of like "same old, same old" stuff. I used to watch Soviet Propaganda and now I am too watching cnn

I didn't intend to say anything bad about any of the TV chefs until Anthony Bourdain publicly bad-mouthed Paula Deen. He had no call for that kind of nonsense. It was just plain mean. He's now on my list for someone to avoid. I also trashed his book. Besides, he has a super foul mouth.

he's taken shots at a lot of people, from emeril, to ray, to zimmern.
oddly enough, his show has gotten better recently, including more eating, some cooking, and his wife. not as much cursing and drinking. ok, well, a little less cursing.

he's taken shots at a lot of people, from emeril, to ray, to zimmern.
oddly enough, his show has gotten better recently, including more eating, some cooking, and his wife. not as much cursing and drinking. ok, well, a little less cursing.

I get where Bourdain may bother some people (he is certainly irreverent, doesn't bother me in the least), but INHO his is the best cross cultural/travel/food show ever aired. He is always totally respectful, polite and complimentary of whatever grandma, tribe, et al, that is hosting him.

His show and 60 Minutes are the only TV shows I go out of my way to watch.

I recall one woman that hosted a travel food show that was in a hill tribal area of Vietnam, somewhere way the hell and gone. These people slaughtered a cow for her (precious resource, maybe did that twice a year), gave her the best parts, and she couldn't bring herself to eat what they served. What a twit! And how offensive. Thankfully, that show only aired a couple of episodes.

As far as the rest.. I do fnd Rachel Ray annoying to the point I can't watch her. The Neely's came off like idiots on that road show they had , acting like they have never heard of half the ingredients or techniques. Never saw their cooking show.

Think Emeril can really cook, as can Batali. If I stumble into them, I can watch.

The two people I absolutely cannot watch are Sara Moulton (don't know if she still has a show) and Ina Garten. I might as well take an Ambien. How do such boring personalities ever end up on televison? ..zzzzzzzzzzz.

Last edited:
Max.......I couldn't agree more!!

I get where Bourdain may bother some people (he is certainly irreverent, doesn't bother me in the least), but INHO his is the best cross cultural/travel/food show ever aired. He is always totally respectful, polite and complimentary of whatever grandma, tribe, et al, that is hosting him.
TV in general has been so lousy this summer that I've been watching "No Reservations" with relish lately. It's absolutely great entertainment. He certainly has evolved and this season has been his best by far. The few I've missed on The Travel Channel will be recorded this Sat. when there will be a marathon of all his shows this season. You hit the nail right on the head by saying.....
his is the best cross cultural/travel/food show ever aired.

Back
Top Bottom