Which department store has the best selection of kitchen supplies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chave982

Senior Cook
Ok, so my mother has decided to get me a gift certificate to a department store of my choice. Since I want to spend it on kitchen supplies, which store would you recommend, in terms of selection and price? I have most of the major ones to choose from: Kohl's, JC Penny, Sears, Bon-Ton, Boscov's, Macy's, etc. Thanks!

Kohl's and Macy's would be my pick. Sears is a dying breed and who knows how much longer JCPenny is going to be around. We don't have one for hundreds of miles here. Macy's has new lines out but Kohls has really good sales.

I think Bloomingdales has the best.

But why not Williams Sonoma or Sur la Table if you are after cooking stuff?

We do have a Williams-Sonoma, but in my opinion, they are WAY overpriced for most of their stuff.

I was going for the more bang for you buck idea. Sur la Table is great but way too expensive IMO. I can get the same thing for less at other places.

I vote for Kohl's, Target and Macy's. They all have a good selection and have great sales so you can get more bang for your buck. Plus, I know that from time to time you can shop online at Kohl's and get free shipping. You won't even have to leave your house.

Good point, Andy. Many items have free shipping, too. Shop in the store for hands-on touchy feely, then buy on Amazon.
:)Amazon is great plus you can read the reviews on most stuff I have found them to be cheaper than other places and if you buy from them it usually includes free shipping for anything over $25.00 this includes the 30 pound Kitchen Aid mixer I just got or the air conditioner a huge one at that I bought a few years ago

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom