Which Food(s) Do You Dislike Immensely?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
Good Afternoon,

Looking forward to hearing all about ur food peeves and dislikes ...

Firstly, there are 5 foods that I would not touch nor eat, if I were paid a trip to Australia ... They are:

1) Soy Beans, Soy Milk, Soy period ... Detest period.
2) Pumpkin - just do not pumpkin
3) Average Chinese Cantonese or Korean Cuisine ... these two just have never appealed to me ... Now, Szcheuan is alot more interesting ... or Hunan. However, I truly love Indian, Sashimi and a few Thai curries.
5) OVERCOOKED MEAT, OVERCOOKED PASTA anything in tiny diced pieces cut up so, and covered with onions or sauces, that it disguises the dish ... I know how to use a knife, and am not someone who is from an extensive stew culture --- we ate large bone in thick rare steaks, whole fish baked in oven, fab pastas ... however, not meats all diced or chicken diced etcetra.

Other than above mentioned, I am very flexible ... and enjoy sampling cuisines from around the globe ...

Looking forward to hearing all about your dislikes ... and food peeves ...

Lima beans
Most offal
Freshwater fish except catfish and crawfish. Never tried trout, so that could go either way.
Velveeta
Fake crab

There are many things I haven't tried so the list could increase or remain as is.:rolleyes:

Okra. Pineapple. For me these two foods it is the texture. All my kids love pineapple. And I don't know where that came from. I never served it to them.

For some strange reason all our pineapple now comes from Thailand. We still grow them in Hawaii. I don't know if the Dole and Del Monte canneries are still in business there.

Strangely enough I can't think of one "normal" thing I won't eat. I am the least picky person i know! Stinky cheese, shellfish, offal, etc. The only stuff I won't eat are things on like bizarre foods: bugs, eyeballs, horseys.

Making chopped liver and tongue tonight for the holiday.

Brussels sprouts
Liver
Offal
Sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows
Fishy tasting fish

Last edited:
I wish to thank all of those who have taken out the time to post their pet peeves on foods ...

I agree: NO kangaroo, no horses or donkies, no rabbits, no crickets etcetra ...

Siegal: what is OFAL ? I have seen this typed several times ... is this a colloquial USA expression or a food ?

Kind regards.
Margi.

Last edited:
Brussels sprouts
Liver
Offal
Sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows
Fishy tasting fish

Dawg - you stole my list!! Except for the sweet potatoes, I'd have to substitute game in there (venison, rabbit, duck, etc)

I'm also not a fan of thai food. I'll eat it if that's all there is but generally don't care for it.

Margi Cintrano said:
I wish to thank all of those who have taken out the time to post their pet peeves on foods ...

I agree: NO kangaroo, no horses or donkies, no rabbits, no crickets etcetra ...

Siegal: what is OFAL ? I have seen this typed several times ... is this a colloquial USA expression or a food ?

Kind regards.
Margi.

It's like the weird innards of an animal: brain tongue intestine liver stomach etc

Onions! Red, white, or brown. Even the sweet ones like Vadialia, Wala Wala or Maui. We have a mutual non-agression pact. I don't eat them, and they don't give me severe agita.

Green onions, or scallions, are okay and I don't have a problem with shallots either, just onions. I can add them to a recipe, but I have to either eat around them or sleep sitting up that night.

Cabbage - in any shape or form. Coleslaw? Gross!! Cabbage rolls? BARF!

Brussel sprouts - my dad loves 'em. I call them his "gas balls" because I think they smell like gas when they're cooking.

Liver - I'm not squeamish about it, just can't stand the taste.

Cheesecake - I honestly don't know how I can hate it. I love cream cheese!!

Lima beans
Most offal
Freshwater fish except catfish and crawfish. Never tried trout, so that could go either way.
Velveeta
Fake crab

There are many things I haven't tried so the list could increase or remain as is.:rolleyes:

Agreed except the offal.

Cooked trout are horrible tasting. Smoked trout is good and so is smoked salmon which is closely related to trout and a fish that lives in both salt and fresh water and I detest it cooked.

Back
Top Bottom