Which gift would you give?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which gift to give?

• Mighty Leaf Tea Pouch Sampler

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Teavana Giftset

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

crankin

Senior Cook
Okay, I want to give a friend a gift of some good tea (he is used to the gross bagged stuff) and I am contemplating two options:

Option 1:
Master Tea Pouch Sampler from Mighty Leaf Tea
This is just basically a big set of tea pouches (I know, still bagged, but slightly better than the grocery store stuff). I think this would be good because it is easy and practical and has a lot of tea.

Option 2:
Teavana
This is more of a tea starter set that includes a loose leaf tea brewer and four mini tins of loose leaf tea. I like this one because I think the teas are better, but at the same time, maybe it is a little over-the-top for someone who is used to just using a bagged tea and there are only four varieties of tea. At the same time, maybe I could convince him that the loose leaf stuff really is better and worth it.

So which one would you guys say is better? They are pretty much the same cost. Or does someone here have a better gift idea that involves food/drink?

My mother recieved the teavana gift set last christmas. I think the little tea pot is the coolest, depending on if we're talking about the same set, she had the plastic pot that you sit on top of the cup and the tea drains from the bottom. and the tea tasted great. I tried the "Queen of babylon" the besssst tea I've ever had.

My mother recieved the teavana gift set last christmas. I think the little tea pot is the coolest, depending on if we're talking about the same set, she had the plastic pot that you sit on top of the cup and the tea drains from the bottom. and the tea tasted great. I tried the "Queen of babylon" the besssst tea I've ever had.

Yes that is the same set as the one mentioned above. I have heard good things about Teavana's "Perfect Tea Maker" but that is nice to hear another good review. Unfortunately this gift set does not include the Queen of Babylon tea. It has two Rooibos teas, Earl Grey, and MateVana (whatever that is).

I voted "Other," because I am not at all familiar with either of your choices.

My friend John Harney has the most wonderful teas I know of, and if I were contemplating sending a gift of tea to someone, I'd go to www.harney.com and buy from them direct. They have some lovely gift sets put together, or you can assemble your own from their large selection.

Happy Shopping! :)

Hmm. ChefJune, you make this difficult :) Those Harney teas look pretty good. I could get 3 or 4 tins of the 20-count sachets for the same or less as the other options.

Do you have any personal favorites from Harney?

I voted the Teavana set. I have 2 of the perfect teamakers (one for home and one for the office) and can not say enough good things about it. I love their teas too. For me, the 4 teas they put in the gift set are not the teas I would choose to buy, but that is all personal taste. They may be right up your friends alley. I think Teavana has some really great teas.

I think I might go with the Harney teas in sachets only because I have a feeling if I got him the Teavana loose leaf teas, he would use those up but then he would not buy loose leaf teas again (more effort than going to the grocery store) and then the tea maker would just go to waste. With that said, I might buy the Teavana set for myself :) (or at least the perfect tea maker).

Hmm. ChefJune, you make this difficult :) Those Harney teas look pretty good. I could get 3 or 4 tins of the 20-count sachets for the same or less as the other options.

Do you have any personal favorites from Harney?
That's hard to say, Crankin. I'm a big green tea fan, but everytime I taste one of their teas, it becomes my new favorite. :)

I go with "other" and make up a tea gift that is personal to you and your friend. Teas you like that you think he may like. Even just spend some time at a tea counter smelling the different leaves and choosing just a little of your favourites are that you hope will become his too. You can also hand pick any extra items that will make it more personal.

Hello Crankin my bet is to go with the Teavana loose tea. Try some ""Lapsangsouchong""
it is my favorite of all the tea grown. Teavana has it in stock.. Thanks for the link to teavana. I am ordering from them tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom