"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Everymom

Whining

OK, its a blistering 1C here right now. (Thats 31F for you folks in the US) and I'm CRABBY! Its only 9 days ago that it was a record breaking 35C (98F?)! I had to cover my tomatoes yesterday. I know this is actually normal temperature for this time of year, I'm just not ready for it at all. Phooey!

I have capris and shorts still in my drawer, and I had to break out the fleece too. BAH!

Old 10-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Chief Eating Officer

I am actually wearing a long sleeve shirt in the office today for the first time in months. I feel your pain!

Old 10-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
Head Chef

It snowed several inches here last night...

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Master Chef

I know this isn't even close to your pain Alix, but this morning it was barely 40F here in VA, & that's rather chilly for this time of year. Normally our night temps don't drop into the 40's/30's until late Oct./early Nov. I have a feeling we'll be experiencing the same early frosts as last year.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Everymom

Long sleeves! AAAAAA! Early frosts!!! SNOW???!!!! Peeeeeyew! I gotta say, I'm not impressed. Is there someone we can email to complain about the cold coming early this year? Mother Nature maybe?

Thanks for letting me whine and sharing my pain folks. I feel a little better now. Still gonna whine though. LOL!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
Chief Eating Officer

Here you go Alix. Good luck!

mamanature@keepdreaming.com
Old 10-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
Head Chef

Actually, we usually have a dusting of snow mid-September. We hope to have a good, snowy year here. Our Nordic ski trails are fabulous, and just minutes away. We hike in the summer, ski in the winter. So the in-between time is rough. Bring it on!!!!!!!!

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

still in 80's here in sunny southern calif.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #9
Everymom

GB, I laughed out loud at that email addy. Thanks.

The weather is just nuts here lately. It went down to -7C (16F) last night after warming up to nearly 18C (66) during the day. Weird!

I have been filling my bird feeders the last few weeks as I know the cold stuff is coming and they will need to know where they can come to find food. However...I filled the feeder on Friday last week and on Saturday we had an epic windstorm. LOL. My feeders were sideways most of the afternoon and evening. Now do you think those birds are eating the seed that is all over the ground? NoooOOOOooooo! They are already so spoiled they go to the feeder...sit on the perch and try vainly to dig some out of the feeder. Then they turn and look in the window accusingly at me. I'm still shaking my head at them. I'll fill the feeder later today, which of course will prompt either another windstorm or perhaps rain/snow.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
Master Chef

Our weather has been so ridiculous this year. One of the ice-y-ist (OK, there must be a right way to spell that), coldest winters on record, then one of the coolest summers on record. I swear, I've not seen a summer like this since I was a teenager living in Germany; and while I saw colder winters when I lived in North Dakota, I didn't live on the side of a hill. I'm hoping it will be better this year. Global warming? Hmm. I actually had someone tell me the record lows of this year were caused by global warming. OK. Come on over and put chains on my truck so I can drive in this global warming.