Who believes/follows the 5 second rule?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol you guys and your purple.

addie, my mom is 86 (although is going on 75, it's amazing, those norskies) so weight was a consideration. the shark steamer is really light and does a great job. better than that crappy oreck vacuum we got her before that.

heck, of your kids don't do it, i'll send you one.

but you have to get me some lobsters...

btw, this reminds me that i need to get down to their house to clean their carpets with the carpet steamer. my brotbet just painted the dining room, and eldest sis goes every week to help with groceries, so it's my turn.

addie, my mom is 86 (although is going on 75, it's amazing, those norskies) so weight was a consideration. the shark steamer is really light and does a great job. better than that crappy oreck vacuum we got her before that.

btw, this reminds me that i need to get down to their house to clean their carpets with the carpet steamer. my brotbet just painted the dining room, and eldest sis goes every week to help with groceries, so it's my turn.
Every day, I wear something purple...and I eat purple veggies...and I LOVE purple...I also have one of those carpet steamers. I have hauled it across the border to do my mom's carpets....but--my dad has told me that if I drive a purple car home, I can't park it in his driveway--he hates the color purple (mmm....wonder why I love purple?).

Last edited:

What a nice son!:angel:

lol, brothbet? i meant to type brother. these soft cellphone keyboards suck.

nonetheless, thanks, addie. i think you have the same kids, although no docs in our family. just english teachers, writers, editors, lol and me.

Last edited:
CWS4322 said:
Every day, I wear something purple...and I eat purple veggies...and I LOVE purple...I also have one of those carpet steamers. I have hauled it across the border to do my mom's carpets....but--my dad has told me that if I drive a purple car home, I can't park it in his driveway--he hates the color purple (mmm....wonder why I love purple?).

My car is purple!!!! My dad is a mechanic, and when I sent him to check it out for me the first thing he said about it was, "Well, it's purple..."

If you drop something on the floor and you can get to it before one of the dogs, I say fair game. Count your fingers after the grabbing dive for the item. Watch out for the Cairn terrier he is a sneaky stealth dog appearing out of thin air.. Afterwards they all look at you and fein innocence.

Thanks for the site. I don't need the vac/steam. Just the steam. I can clean my kitchen in just two or three swipes. So you have answered my questions I had. Ever since I had the bypass surgery about ten years ago, I find it very painful to sweep back and forth. So I have a small push broom that cleans my floor quickly. It is the washing that I need just the steam one for. My son looked at Walmart and I think I found what I need for less than $100. So at the beginning of next month, he has to go to Walmart and is going to pick one up for me. He is going to take a look at the model first. In the meantime it is still the mop and pail. Oh joy!! :cry:
I did the kitchen floor again this morning. The pad was about the same as yesterday morning. It is a bit heavy--the steamer only is probably lighter. I really like this "gadget." I hate dragging out a mop and bucket. And, when I had FIVE Saint Bernards, mud season was a pain. Having the Vac-n-steam made life a lot easier. I could clean up after them when they came in (because they did live in the house--contrary to popular belief, Saint Bernards like to live in the house, not outside--and they do like to sleep on beds, with their people). They just went outside to survey the property and do their business. But most of the time, they were inside. I didn't place (adopt out) one of the girls because she really liked sleeping on the couch and that was why she was surrendered--the people got a new couch and she didn't know she couldn't sleep on it. Everyone who wanted to adopt her said "no" to her being on the furniture. She lived out her life with me. I miss her so. She was the best dog ever.

CWS4322 said:
I did the kitchen floor again this morning. The pad was about the same as yesterday morning. It is a bit heavy--the steamer only is probably lighter. I really like this "gadget." I hate dragging out a mop and bucket. And, when I had FIVE Saint Bernards, mud season was a pain. Having the Vac-n-steam made life a lot easier. I could clean up after them when they came in (because they did live in the house--contrary to popular belief, Saint Bernards like to live in the house, not outside--and they do like to sleep on beds, with their people). They just went outside to survey the property and do their business. But most of the time, they were inside. I didn't place (adopt out) one of the girls because she really liked sleeping on the couch and that was why she was surrendered--the people got a new couch and she didn't know she couldn't sleep on it. Everyone who wanted to adopt her said "no" to her being on the furniture. She lived out her life with me. I miss her so. She was the best dog ever.

Wow- that is unbelievable to me that someone could train a dog to go on furniture then get rid of her for it. Wth is wrong with people??? How could you just get rid of a companion like that? For all they know she could have ended up going to someone who would abuse her. I've had to give away a cat before (she was
a stray I took in, bathed, wormed, and spayed after she had a litter of kittens, and she didn't work out in our household because of our other cat) and it was torture wondering if her new owners were going to be nice to her, and if they would take my offer to take her back if she didn't work out seriously. Oddly, it's not like that giving away kittens... That's more happy and hopeful. I still have one of the kittens from that stray kitty's litter. He will be turning 10 in march.

When you bring a pet into your life, you either make it a member of the family or don't adopt it. Would you tell your child that they have to sleep on the floor or outside?:huh:

Once my dog picked his favored spot on the couch I threw a blanket there. Not only did it protect the couch but he liked it even better, considered it was his favorite sleepin' place other than next to me on my bed.

It's lucky for him he picked the opposite side of the couch from my favorite place! :)

Once my dog picked his favored spot on the couch I threw a blanket there. Not only did it protect the couch but he liked it even better, considered it was his favorite sleepin' place other than next to me on my bed.

It's lucky for him he picked the opposite side of the couch from my favorite place! :)

The other day it was pouring out. Going from the car to inside my building, Teddy Bear got drenched. He also had to take time to do his thing before he came inside. And he rolled in the soaking wet grass. By the time he got to my apartment, he ran in, shook all over the place, and jumped up on my bed. He dove under the covers to get warm. Now my sheets, blanket and me were all wet and dirty. Who cares. I have plenty of soap powder and other cleaning products. And I had the visit of one happy dog.

When my son asks him if he want to go see "Grandma", he gets all excited. So that makes him one of the grandkids. And he gets the same treatment and lovin' as they do. :angel:

The other day it was pouring out. Going from the car to inside my building, Teddy Bear got drenched. He also had to take time to do his thing before he came inside. And he rolled in the soaking wet grass. By the time he got to my apartment, he ran in, shook all over the place, and jumped up on my bed. He dove under the covers to get warm. Now my sheets, blanket and me were all wet and dirty. Who cares. I have plenty of soap powder and other cleaning products. And I had the visit of one happy dog.

When my son asks him if he want to go see "Grandma", he gets all excited. So that makes him one of the grandkids. And he gets the same treatment and lovin' as they do. :angel:

My mum was not happy when I referred to my cats as her grandkids. She didn't like cats. Unfortunately, the only grandkids she ever got were my cats.

Mom always asks about her Grand cats :rolleyes:

Latté always sleeps on anything I have worn. She is currently balanced precariously on the arm of the couch, sleeping, because that's where I draped my wool Sweater Coat.

Allowing the cats in the bathroom is a running argument with Shrek, they have both been following me into the bathroom since they were babies and now Shrek has decided he doesn't want them in there. Now they listen for him (and so do I) so they will go sit outside the doorway when they hear him approaching.

Mom always asks about her Grand cats :rolleyes:

Latté always sleeps on anything I have worn. She is currently balanced precariously on the arm of the couch, sleeping, because that's where I draped my wool Sweater Coat.

Allowing the cats in the bathroom is a running argument with Shrek, they have both been following me into the bathroom since they were babies and now Shrek has decided he doesn't want them in there. Now they listen for him (and so do I) so they will go sit outside the doorway when they hear him approaching.

My cat is allowed in the bathroom - the litter box is in there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom