Who do you choose, I choose John Beck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I am sitting here wondering about dinner tonight and all the studying that I have to do before I can get dinner on the table. How wonderful if I didn't have to worry about making dinner and could study in peace. I realized it could be possible if I had a chef at the ready. I thought about who I'd choose and why.

Uncle Bob, since you turned me on to August, I've looked forward to the day that I can return, but not without my love. He will take shear delight at the offerings there. There will be that day, it'll come soon.

I would love Chef John Beck to cook here anytime. His flavors are crazy and wonderful. Mostly though, I'd just enjoy the experience of standing by, helping him and learning from a master some of his amazing tricks.

Would you choose someone to cook dinner for you? Who would that be and why?

George Colombaris from Melbourne's Press Club. Never tried his food but he does that gastronomic type cooking which just intrigues me. It's all about the flavour and fusion and not being traditional and thinking out of the box... all the stuff I want in a meal. And he's funny.

Other than that, if anyone who is not worse than me wants to cook for me, I'm happy to resign. And for that matter if anyone a little below me wants to cook for me AND is prepared to do the washing up, well they can cook for me too!!! Gee anyone that doesn't poison me and leaves the kitchen spotless is welcome. I am a pushover!!!!! LOL

Bilby, well then I'll come. My favorite singing group is coming to Australia in '09. Perhaps then, I'll come cook for you at your place, cleaning up, we'll do together, it'll get done quicker that way. If they come to Perth, that'd be great, eat good food and see my boys too! Ummmm, where is Perth? I know last year, they didn't do Perth, just Sidney and Melbourne.

I'll give your question some thought...It might be a fun exercise. John BESH of August would be on my list for sure. There are so many...Heck there are a lot of people right here on DC that I would love to put my feet under their table!! So, I'm gonna have to do some thinking.

Fun!

Who is the group LEFSElover? Most don't make it to Perth. We're too isolated. There is a rumour of the Rolling Stones and Elton John may come this year. Haven't heard many announcements for 2009 yet!

Perth is on the opposite side of Australia, on the Indian Ocean.

If you go to Melbourne, you could eat George Colombaris' food for me instead!! LOL

Ken Hom for sure, he`s been a hero of mine since I was young and it would nice be to compare My dish equivalents to His and then hopefully he would tell me how I could improve this or even let me know if it was good.

I agree with Constance. Paula would be most welcome. I'd also love to have Jamie Oliver ( dressed or naked!)

Bourdain for sure!! Not just because I'm a fan of his show, but because I think he'd take into consideration that I'm a "peasant-food" fan at heart & cook accordingly. No frou-frou chef stuff for me, thank you.

First thought is Jamie Oliver. In his original cooking show I loved his rustic style of cooking and he's just full of passion!!!!!

First thought is Jamie Oliver. In his original cooking show I loved his rustic style of cooking and he's just full of passion!!!!!
I agree about Jamie and that first show of his. He does a lot of fish, not real sure about that. He also seems very busy and probably wouldn't have time to come over though, rats!

I think Michael Symon would be a lot of fun - on "The Next Iron Chef," he was giggling all the time, which made me laugh every time I heard him :LOL: And his food looked great, too ;)

I'd want Anthony Bourdain too!! And he doesn't even have to cook. I could think of a lot more interesting things to do with him. (oops, maybe this isn't what this thread is about?) ;)

I think Gordon Ramsay would be great but either with him or Anthony Bourdain i would be intimidated.

So I will go with Alan Harding of Cookin' in Brooklyn. He seems laid back and his recipes are more the kind of stuff I cook that either Ramsay's or Bourdain's. Besides have not been back to Brooklyn in years and would like to know how things have changed.

Back
Top Bottom