Who Goes to an OB/GYN and Finds Out They Have an Eye Problem? LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I don't have cancer. Yay! I do have a very heavy endometrial build-up of some kind, which could develop into cancer, so I do need a total hysterectomy, which I will have in a couple weeks. Best case scenario, I will be in the hospital overnight, and the most should be 4 days. I won't be able to drive for awhile (until I am, as he said, able to "slam my foot down on the brakes" if I need to). He also said that I can't lift 20 pounds or more for awhile or go up and down stairs. He said I will be fine to be on my own, with James at school, as long as I don't do lifting, etc. He said I will have to take 4 to 6 weeks off of work. LOL Believe me, I am not worried about having that done. I told him to just take out anything I don't need. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

The interesting thing is that if he had been there yesterday (so frustrating yesterday!), I wouldn't have found out about my eye. Yep, how many people do you know who go to the OB/GYN and find out they have a problem with their eye? Now you know one. I mentioned that I thought I might have pink eye and was wondering if he could give me a prescription for antibiotics. He examined my eye and found out that I possibly have an ulcer in my eye or an ocular tear (rip, not crying kind of tear, lol). They called my regular doctor and she called an antibiotic eye drop prescription in for me. If that doesn't heal it, I may have to go see an ophthalmologist.

:)Barbara

I don't have cancer. Yay!

Fabulous news, Barbara!!

Yep, have them take out everything you don't need anymore, including your appendix. When I had my total hysto, the Dr. said not to pick up anything heavier than my purse, then he picked up my purse on the chair, and said don't pick up your purse. :LOL:

Hope your eye gets better soon.

Thanks!

That is hilarious Kayelle! By the way, I have already had my appendix, gall bladder, and one ovary and fallopian tube removed, so there's not much left to take. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Yay!!!! That is so glood to hear. My Bestest Friend was negative for Cancer on the 13th, too. I was waiting to hear from both of you! Okay, now I can sleep tonight, too! :)

Now you have to weigh everything you might possibly pick up around the house and make sure it's all under 20 lbs. No heavy reading, okay?

Such good news my friend! I had my total Hysto 6 years ago and have never looked back. Solved many problems for me. As for the eye, I am surprised he even looked at it - good thing he did though!

So let me know when you are going in and I will see if my guys will be able to live without me while I come and look after you in James' absence!

I will definitely stick to light reading, and I won't pick up Kayelle's purse!

I'm glad your friend was negative for cancer too!

Laurie, you're the sweetest nut I know!

That is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Now you and James get some rest, relax, and celebrate the good new!

Glad to hear your news!
My wife had a endometriosis tumor the size of a grapefruit.She is pretty small too.

She had surgery right next it the previous year and they never saw it.

We found out the week before we were leaving for hawaii with first class tickets.We worried but decided to go anyway.We made the right choice.

The surgery was pretty easy for her so I bet yours will be too. The anxiety before the surgery was the worst part for her.She has a fear of "going under".

The surgery was pretty easy for her so I bet yours will be too. The anxiety before the surgery was the worst part for her.She has a fear of "going under".

4me, It was my first surgery ever, and I had such a fear of "going under" that I opted to be awake with the whole thing, drugged but awake, like with a C-section birth. They said I wouldn't remember anything but that's so not true. I remember the classical music in the operating room, and asking the surgeon if this was anything like gutting a chicken. :LOL: He cracked up, and told me to go to sleep.:ROFLMAO:

I'd much rather have surgery than go to the dentist...my anxiety goes up 100%...and I have a dentist appt coming up. I'm actually looking forward to getting my MD to okay my Hyst. so many problems will be taken care of at once.

I'll have to try to remember the "gutting a chicken" line, Kayelle! I had one surgeon ask me if he could call me "Elizabeth" as I was going under and I told him he could "call me anything but late for supper."

I'd rather have surgery than talk on the phone with strangers! Especially about money! I also hate it when someone shoves the phone in my hand and says, "Here, talk to my brother (sister, mom, dad, Great Uncle Fred, etc.)." I honestly would rather have surgery.

:shock:Barbara

I'd rather have surgery than talk on the phone with strangers! Especially about money! I also hate it when someone shoves the phone in my hand and says, "Here, talk to my brother (sister, mom, dad, Great Uncle Fred, etc.)." I honestly would rather have surgery.

:shock:Barbara

Absolutely! I'm fine on the phone for work, but at home I hate the thing. One of these days I may have to get me one of those new fangled cell phone thingies.:LOL:

LOL!

I can talk all day on the phone with my daughter, and I have had some great conversations with LPBeier and Alix, but I'm just not that much of a phone person. I will NEVER do business on the phone, unless I am the one who initiated it. If someone wants to sell me something, or try to get me to try a service, I tell them to mail or email me information so I can check it out.

Back
Top Bottom