"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Who has a pair of Crocs?

My son sent me a pair for my birthday over the summer and although I was shocked when I saw them in the box, I've never had a more comfortable shoe/sandal.

I wear them all the time. They are especially great for walking to check the garden when the dew is on the grass or it has been watered.

I love the ugly plastic things.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
Everymom

I have heard from a lot of folks that they are the most comfortable thing going, but I just can't get past how ugly they are. Not to mention they would really only be wearable here for about 4 months. Glad you like yours though!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:40 PM   #3
Master Chef

I coveted them ever since I saw them and did not think they were ugly in the slightest ...

Till I put them on my feet!

Luckily, I seem to be between sizes and they were very uncomfy to me, so I didn't get them.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
I have heard from a lot of folks that they are the most comfortable thing going, but I just can't get past how ugly they are. Not to mention they would really only be wearable here for about 4 months. Glad you like yours though!
Do you think they would only last about 4 months Alix? That's kinda the way I see them. Disposable footwear. They don't look like they would wear very well. I have a 5.5 AA shoe size, so I know they wouldn't fit me, so I don't have to even consider trying the ugly things on. They look very wide.

BC
Old 10-18-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
Everymom

Mostly what I was referring to was my climate. It would only be warm enough to wear crocs for about 4 months. You'd freeze your feet off otherwise.

I see your point about disposable.

I just don't live in a place where they would be practical. If I lived in say Florida or one of the other southern states where it is warm a lot I could see them being useful. Are you supposed to hose them off to clean them? Is that the idea?
Old 10-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Our whole family--particularly the children. I love them and love the way they look, particularly on kids.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
Executive Chef

When they sent me my Crocs, there was a picture of the whole family wearing theirs. My 16 mo granddaughter looked so cute in hers.

Yep, you hose them off. I have a very narrow foot too, so now I look like Fred Flintstone but they are so comfortable that I don't care.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:09 PM   #8
Senior Cook

i have a pair, and i could care less about how they look.

for me, it's all about how they feel, and they feel GREAT!
Old 10-18-2006, 02:10 PM   #9
Everymom

Oh they do look adorable on the babies don't they? When my girls were babies I had those white canvas nikes with the blue swoosh for them. To die for cute!
Old 10-18-2006, 02:35 PM   #10
Head Chef

A note for the tightwads--Payless shoes has the same shoe for half the price. Their version is called "Airwalk".

I have 2 pairs--one pair with holes in the uppers, one without. If I wear socks with them, my feet stay plenty warm, but I am waiting to see how they do on snow. (Hope I have to wait a long time.)

I did buy some insoles for them--didn't have quite enough support for me.