Who has a pair of Crocs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
My son sent me a pair for my birthday over the summer and although I was shocked when I saw them in the box, I've never had a more comfortable shoe/sandal.

I wear them all the time. They are especially great for walking to check the garden when the dew is on the grass or it has been watered.

I love the ugly plastic things. :LOL:

Cayman-Pink-Crocs-120a101206_3857015616.jpg

I have heard from a lot of folks that they are the most comfortable thing going, but I just can't get past how ugly they are. Not to mention they would really only be wearable here for about 4 months. Glad you like yours though!

I coveted them ever since I saw them and did not think they were ugly in the slightest ...

Till I put them on my feet!:ohmy:

Luckily, I seem to be between sizes and they were very uncomfy to me, so I didn't get them.

Alix said:
I have heard from a lot of folks that they are the most comfortable thing going, but I just can't get past how ugly they are. Not to mention they would really only be wearable here for about 4 months. Glad you like yours though!

Do you think they would only last about 4 months Alix? That's kinda the way I see them. Disposable footwear. They don't look like they would wear very well. I have a 5.5 AA shoe size, so I know they wouldn't fit me, so I don't have to even consider trying the ugly things on. They look very wide.

BC

Mostly what I was referring to was my climate. It would only be warm enough to wear crocs for about 4 months. You'd freeze your feet off otherwise.

I see your point about disposable.

I just don't live in a place where they would be practical. If I lived in say Florida or one of the other southern states where it is warm a lot I could see them being useful. Are you supposed to hose them off to clean them? Is that the idea?

Our whole family--particularly the children. I love them and love the way they look, particularly on kids.

When they sent me my Crocs, there was a picture of the whole family wearing theirs. My 16 mo granddaughter looked so cute in hers.

Yep, you hose them off. I have a very narrow foot too, so now I look like Fred Flintstone but they are so comfortable that I don't care. :LOL:

i have a pair, and i could care less about how they look.

for me, it's all about how they feel, and they feel GREAT!

Oh they do look adorable on the babies don't they? When my girls were babies I had those white canvas nikes with the blue swoosh for them. To die for cute!

A note for the tightwads--Payless shoes has the same shoe for half the price. Their version is called "Airwalk".

I have 2 pairs--one pair with holes in the uppers, one without. If I wear socks with them, my feet stay plenty warm, but I am waiting to see how they do on snow. (Hope I have to wait a long time.)

I did buy some insoles for them--didn't have quite enough support for me.

BlueCat said:
Do you think they would only last about 4 months Alix? That's kinda the way I see them. Disposable footwear. They don't look like they would wear very well.

I don't think these Crocs will ever ever wear out...:ROFLMAO: I'll be buried in them.

My boyfriend has a pair. This is a guy who insits that he'll never own a pair of sandals, either. When we were planning our recent trip to Punta Cana I insisted he wasn't going to wear his sneakers in that heat! He found these croc things and I laughed silently.

Little did I know they were destined to be the footwear fashion hit of the 2006 summer season!

VeraBlue said:
.... they were destined to be the footwear fashion hit of the 2006 summer season!

Boy, I'll say! I never saw them before I spent a week's vacation on Cape Cod this past August and everyone but EVERYONE was wearing them. 'Course, it was in Provincetown :) but now I'm seeing Bostonians and suburbians with them.

Everyone who has them says they are incredibly comfortable.

Lee

I have a pair - based on someone's recommendation on this forum. I'm sorry, I forget who it was right now. The pair I have are "Professionals" - no holes on the top - just on the sides. I bought them from Zappos - the whole package weighed less than 2 lbs to ship - the box & the clogs. I like the fact that I can strap myself in, unlike other clogs. I can always move the back strap to the front if I'm feeling brave! :) I'm a happy customer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom