Who has big screen TVs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a 52" flat screen Panasonic - it is awesome. We didnt get the full 1020 HD, we got the 720 HD - apparently, there is no difference to the naked eye but there is a big difference to the wallet. I think we paid $1300 for the tv back in May. My husband thought it was ridiculous to get such a big TV but he changed his tune after watching the first baseball game of the season in HD.

THere should be deals aplenty this time of year. Check reviews and compare prices, I bet you could find a good deal in your price range.

tg, samsung and sony are the best brands of lcd right now. 50" will run you around $1500 to $1800, for the lower end models. you can do a little better with special sales.

go to www.abesofmaine.com (thanks to andy m. for telling me about them)to get a good idea for a fair price of a large range of models, then go looking around from there.

if you want to do a lot of research, go to www.avsforums.com (thanks again, andy. :))

be careful of prices that are unbelievable deals. they're often refurbs or grey market stuff, and though they say they have a warranty, it's usually void and the manufacturer won't honor it.

tg, samsung and sony are the best brands of lcd right now. 50" will run you around $1500 to $1800, for the lower end models. you can do a little better with special sales.

go to www.abesofmaine.com (thanks to andy m. for telling me about them)to get a good idea for a fair price of a large range of models, then go looking around from there.

if you want to do a lot of research, go to www.avsforums.com (thanks again, andy. :))

be careful of prices that are unbelievable deals. they're often refurbs or grey market stuff, and though they say they have a warranty, it's usually void and the manufacturer won't honor it.

Oooh, THANK YOU BT and ANDY!!! That will help a whole lot!!

We didnt get the full 1020 HD, we got the 720 HD - apparently, there is no difference to the naked eye

I could not disagree more. I can see a huge difference. Not to mention that TV is not even broadcast is 1080P yet, but it will be eventually. Once that happens the difference will be even more dramatic.

I have had a 65" DLP for two years. Never had to replace a bulb.
and you may not need to in ten years ..
but he has to replace his after every 1000 or so hours ..
a tv guy told him his transformer is bad .. but for now its
cheaper to fix the bulbs ..

My wife went absolutely crazy earlier this year and on impulse bought 3 new Sony Bravia LCDs from a 'friend' who 'sells things'. I checked prices just to be sure and she did get a great deal.
So she gave away all our older tube tv's, including a Sony 32 incher.
I'm not much of a tv person but now we've got the 56" in the living room, the 46" in the bedroom, and the 40" in the kitchen.

what kind and how are they working for you?? Hmm, I wanna a 40" in my kitchen, :LOL: Joking, I would never get dinner finished, hehe

What I REALLY want, is one that fits the entire wall!!!:LOL:{8'x14'} That would be so AWESOME with the race on, life size Jr and Kasey, hehe:LOL:

I read that Circuit City has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptsy, also. Does anyone know anything about the Sharp tv's? They are advertising one model, I think it's an Aquus (sp?) that I would be interested in, I think. There are so many models out there, that making a decision is hard. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Before I buy anything electronic I like to read the reviews at cnet.com, then read what buyers have written on the various retail sites, and like mentioned, go to specific boards that discuss those products, but they can be overwhelming sometimes. It all depends how in depth you want to get.

My DH and I bought when when we first moved in together about 5 years ago. Bernie's was having their Christmas in July sale and we got a 65" Sony HD Projection TV. We've had NO problems what so ever with it and it has moved one time in the rain and got wet (the tarp we were using to cover it came loose while driving), from CT to VA and once within VA. Sony always has quality products that last for quite some time, IMO. Now may not be the best time to get one with the holidays here, unless someone is having a great sale. The best time would probably be the day or so after Christmas when you can get some AMAZING deals.

Before I buy anything electronic I like to read the reviews at cnet.com, then read what buyers have written on the various retail sites, and like mentioned, go to specific boards that discuss those products, but they can be overwhelming sometimes. It all depends how in depth you want to get.

cnet.com is a great resource. I will add epionions.com as well. cnet is great for the professional review and epinions is great for reviews from regular consumers. You can get very valuable info from both places to help with your decisions.

I really appreciate everyones help!! We have decided to hold off for the day after Christmas so that I have time to research. thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom