Who Has Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 4 dogs, all adopted (a Plott Hound/Lab cross, a Husky, a Tricolored Walker Coonhound, & a Doberman); 6 cats, also all adopted; 7 horses (Thoroughbreds, Thoroughbred/Warmblood & Thoroughbred/Connemara crosses, & a Quarter Horse), a Citron-Crested Cockatoo, & a tank of tropical fish.

Over the years, though, I've had budgerigars, Australian finches, cockatiels & exotic parrakeets (which I bred), as well as mice, rats, hamsters, guinea pigs, ferrets, & even a pet skunk!

We have one cat. Lily Lily Queen of cats. Best Kitty in the world. She turned 13 on Easter sunday.

Attachments

• Lily!!.JPG
    Lily!!.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 196
I HAVE 6 DOGS WHICH INCLUDE 2 SHI TZU'S 1 STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER,AND 4 MIXES... I also have a cockateil,RIZZ (his mate died a few months back)
and my son Jared has a keet (yellow) his name is Bob :)

Here's Katie (7):
img_268217_0_68115c62c9303a5f47d9966423b7cb51.jpg

Son #2 has a 2-year old beta named "Cedric", and we still are keeping watch over "fuzzy", the yellow variant house finch who flew into our window last month, and now resides in a hamster cage till he's okay to fly.

I have a 10 year old Miniature Pinscher named Grommit. He's a great little companion. He lives for rides in the car and walks in the park. We sometimes travel with him and he's a good hotel guest too. We also have a 14 year old gray cat named Blue, who is the best cat in the world. He has a wisdom and a sensibility that you don't often see in a pet. Then there's my Bob cat, pictured in my avatar. He's 5 years old and has a bit of the devil in him. He makes me laugh. He's my constant companion - my little shadow - and the cat of my dreams. My neck will never be the same because he loves to have me carry and hold him as often as possible. It was not bad when he was a kitten, but he's a big boy now!

BC

What does Koapaka mean? I have two Jack Russell Mutts, one of whom is definitely going to have to be put down this week. She was born in Hawaii 17 years ago. Her name is White Fang, but her daughter is Keiki. One day we were taking them to a vet at a military installation in Missisippi, and the vet tech was a Hawaiian man ... he barged out into the waiting room and said, "Who has Keiki!!!???" He loved it! Fang is so sad, she is just wandering through the house at slow speed, nonstop. She doesn't seem to be in pain today (yesterday I'd have sworn she'd have to go today). Husband is in denial to a degree -- poor girl was his very first dog ever.

Claire said:
What does Koapaka mean? I have two Jack Russell Mutts, one of whom is definitely going to have to be put down this week. She was born in Hawaii 17 years ago. Her name is White Fang, but her daughter is Keiki. One day we were taking them to a vet at a military installation in Missisippi, and the vet tech was a Hawaiian man ... he barged out into the waiting room and said, "Who has Keiki!!!???" He loved it! Fang is so sad, she is just wandering through the house at slow speed, nonstop. She doesn't seem to be in pain today (yesterday I'd have sworn she'd have to go today). Husband is in denial to a degree -- poor girl was his very first dog ever.

I am so sorry, Claire... (((hugs both to you and White Fang))) here is a heartwarming piece that hopefully may make you feel a bit better... here on this page it is intended for a hamster but this was really written for any and all beloved pets. I hope it helps.

http://www.geocities.com/petsburgh/2240/loss.html

Our latest addition to the family, Havana. She came into our life as a stray, but was already housetrained. Loves to be groomed and loves to be loved. She's good for my soul.

131288567_d4c45639d8.jpg

Dixie, the Jack Russell Terror (not a typo)

131130115_a375f714cf.jpg

Sparky, the monkey dog

48323267_b1f815b099.jpg

Alix said:
Michelemarie, can you get Purina dental diet? It works WONDERS for kitty teeth and they LOVE it. Even if your pet is on a special diet if you give them 6 or 7 crunchies a couple times a day it will work.

I have to see if I can find pics of my pets to post. I know I have one of our dog Abby, but I need to find pics of the cats.

Alix, thanks for the advice. I will try that. Since Theodore has had some "tummy" issues, the vet said to keep his food the same (iams) - but a couple of crunchies should be okay. Thanks!

I have a 14 year old Calico Disney
A 13 year old Calico Sheba
A 4 year old Yellow Lab Rocky

Oh and then there's
9 year old Son Billy
and 36 year old Idiot Don.

They count as pets too don't they ????

middie said:
I have a 14 year old Calico Disney
A 13 year old Calico Sheba
A 4 year old Yellow Lab Rocky

Oh and then there's
9 year old Son Billy
and 36 year old Idiot Don.

They count as pets too don't they ????

Now, if only the humans would obey as well as the furry ones!:LOL:

Phinz, your animals are so cute!! Dixie's photo looks like it should be on a calendar.

jkath said:
Phinz, your animals are so cute!! Dixie's photo looks like it should be on a calendar.

Thanks. I'm looking for a good contest in which to enter that picture. I already have a 36x24 poster of it. :)

:) I have 3 dogs and 2 cats.Bear is chow mix,daisy is a boxer mix and lobo is a full german shepard but I call him bobo the cats are shadow a white long haired cat he has 6 toes on all his feet and snoopy a grey striped cat.

Two spoiled rotten dogs, Shiba Inus.

Kenzo is our male, altered, almost 6 yrs old.
Here we are in February.

img_270323_0_e88cfd5605fe4c00dd3035a5a29c33f0.jpg

Kika is our female, altered, 8 yrs old.
Me and my girl in February.

img_270323_1_5ee74f828cdc2af3732653dcd2326e7a.jpg

img_270323_2_4e48f53aa66c9e00a544757bd5c193d5.jpg

What beautiful animals !!
My one and only is pictured under my Avator. People think she is a Pomeranian but she (like Wasabi's Koapaka..means Warrior if I remember correctly) are long hair Chihuahua's. My girl is close to 8 pounds..should be 6 pounds and 9 years old.

Last edited:
Angie,
what lovely pet friends. They are beautiful and I can see how much you care for them and love them.. Way to go.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom